Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any good ideas
Im looking for a place to take my 65 year old father who dont move so well anymore ice fishing. I'll have to use the four wheeler to get him out on the ice. Anybody got any ideas?
[green][size 2]Scofield. Last I heard(tues) 18" of hard ice.
[/size][/green]

[signature]
What part of the state are you looking to fish at?
[signature]
We went to scofeild today got stuck in about 3 feet of snow and spent 6 hours digging ourselves out. never did get on the ice to much snow to drive the four wheeler. then got a flat tire on the way home and was stuck on the freeway changing a tire in a snow storm. not a fun day.
[signature]
We dont mind going anywhere in the north, northeastern or central part of the state.
[signature]
hey dude if you have to use the 4 wheeler..i would hold off for a week or two.. and see if some of the lower lakes freez up..or tell the snow freezes hard enuf for you wheeler will go through..

the biggest problem your going to have is the deep snow..

you might want to try fish lake or koosherm res..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
The problem this year is the depth of the snow. Wheelers don't do too well in anything much deeper than 8-10 inches. They get high centered quickly, as it looks like you found out. Wait for East Canyon to freeze, it was still mostlyl open last week, and this year you can take a wheeler out on the ice...if it doesn't pile up too quickly that is.

BTW, welcom to BFT, nice to have you hear.
[signature]
Welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your rough trip to Scofield, hopefully your next outing will be better. The guys are right you will have a hard time with your 4 wheeler in any deep snow. I don't know how the snow depth is right now but Porcupine might be a good choice. If Hyrum freezes that would be another good choice and Mantua is worth a try if it gets some more ice. I haven't heard any reports about Newton but it might be worth a try. Good luck no matter where you go and let us know now you do. WH2
[signature]