Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is your chance to fish the Rock pile during the cisco run
About three years ago I launched my 12ft aluminum boat from the beach behind the Ideal Beach Resort, the road was plowed down to the water. We caught out limits of cisco plus a few nice cutts, this year they have plowed it once already. After the last big storm they have stated that they will not plow it again unless Bear lake freezes. You guys that have smaller boats, 12, 14 and maybe lighter 16 foot aluminum boats that are interested in jigging for cisco on the Rock pile should call this number 435-946-3364.
It is the office of the Ideal Beach resort and I think if enough people call them, they will plow the road again but only if they think it is worth their time. I'm going to tell them that I would be willing to pay 5 dollars or more if they will plow it again.
For those of you that have never tried to fish Bear lake in WH2 January for cisco when there is no ice, I can tell you it is not easy. The water needs to be very calm so you can see the fish when you net them and standing in the water to do this is not what I call fun. Unless there is no other choice, I won't try netting this year, but we will all do what we have to do to get our bait fish supply for the year. Give them a call if any of you are interested, thanks. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the phone number. I hope everyone will call this number. I launch from the beach all the time and this would help out immensely.
[signature]
I called them this morning and found out the managers name is Ted but he wasn't there. I'm going to give it one more try in the morning. If they won't plow the road, at least we should be able to get on the water from cisco beach. Has anyone ever tried jigging for Cisco in the deeper water(30ft) off cisco beach? WH2
[signature]