Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new lure
Hey:
I just picked up a new lure from a small tackle store. It is a tear drop but it has a tied fly attached to it. The manufacturer is K&E out of Hastings, MI.

Anyone ever use such a lure? If so, have you ever taken any big fish with it? It comes in a variety of colors and weights. If it doesn't rain anymore this weekend I think I'll be trying this doohickey out.
[signature]
Do you have a picture of it? I would like to see what it looks like!
[signature]
K&E is a major distribitor around south east michigan, they have a ton of product.

this sounds like something new, at least something that I havent come a cross yet.
[signature]
If I told you all that my picture of this lure is going to be delayed because I dropped my digital camera in the slush around my iceholke while doing battle with a northern would you believe me?

Really, it happened and could happen only to me. I rescued the camera, but it needs a drying out period. Hopefully, it will work like new again. I lost the battery, but saved the camera, I lost the Northern at the hole to add insult to injury. I will try and get this lure on by early next week. I didn't hook the northern with this lure, but on a swedish pimple.

Rats!!!!
[signature]
I believe ya those big ol pike sure can cut up the hands,I know its a mad fight just to get their heads up the icehole.lol.Although the sound of tenseing line creeking against the sides of your ice hole is music to any ice mans ears.On the other hand i dont like the cuts on your hands after. As you crudely wrap up the line trying to take up the slack in mad frenzy you get cut.Its a cut that doesnt heal fast kinda like in between a paper cut and burn.I hate that [Wink] its almost as bad as fileting a whole bunch of spiney perch in cold water lol. Thats why its allways nice to have a pair of light gloves on hand,the type you can sorta still feel the line in your hand. When i know theres a water wolf lurking under the ice shack i change gloves before hand[Smile]
So ya i hear ya i could imagine loseing some gear when you are battleing a big Northern.
[signature]
Here's the pic of that new teardrop+fly lure from K&E. Has anyone tried this on the hard water.?
[signature]
Nice i looked at the pic of that lure it looks great.Im going to try to tie that one up for sure.I think tipped with a meal worm it would be a hot ticket for those jumbo perch.[Smile]
thanks
[signature]
I have the body part, "same lure with out the hairs"

looks like it would pick up a gill or two...[cool]

I dont have much luck with that particular color tho'
[signature]