Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming home for the weekend
[cool]Does anyone have a latest report on pineview. I was thinkin about hitting it staurady or sunday?
[signature]
Last I heard the bridge over the dam is still closed and the water is really low. Havent heard about the fishing for awhile, sorry Scooter
[signature]
A few friends of mine were there last weekend and were slaying
the smallmouth they caught over 60 in the narrows by the dam, they also caught a couple of tigers. One was caught on a tube jig as they were fishing for smallmouth, the other was caught on a big blue back rapala. The water temp was 60 degree but that was before all this cold weather. Good luck this weekend. WH2
[signature]
[size 4]Last time I was up there, the rain was kind of bad and the fishing suffered. But the smallmouth were biting. The guy at the trailer who collects the launch fees said the fishing was still really good with no one spot being much better thsn another. We have had a bunch of weather changes in the past little while. The water level should be up a bit unless they just let it all flow out, but by the reports on water levels down stream , it doesnt seem to be the case. The lack of irrigation and current rain should be putting a healthy bit of water in all our ponds. I havent heard any current fishing reports, but its always worth a try. Probably not the most favorable conditions. But with the cold and dam work the fishing pressure may have been reduced. I talked to a guy at the gas station this morning who was headed out to willard in the rain. Hopefully he will show up here and give us a report. Post up the results of your trip this weekend, the reports have slowed with the decrease in fishing activity so ant report will be greatly appreciated. [/size]
Hey, Scooter. Leaving me alone in Arizona this weekend, huh. That's okay. I'll be doing some serious damage on topwater largies in a secret spot. I put an "X" on the side of my kick boat the last time I was there so I can find it easy.

I posted a request for info on the Utah Fish Finder site and got the following post:

[#ff0000]"Went to Pineview about one week ago. Weather got really bad; rain and light wind, extremely cloudy,low light. About the time we though we had to go in I hooked into a 36 inch Muskie. We were trolling at 1.8mph on an electric motor using a white with orange bottom Southwick lure (looks like a rapala)in about twelve feet of water. While we were bringing the fish in we noticed other fish start to surface and start prowling the top water like aligators. You could only see there eyes above water but could easily make out their large brown bodies agaist the water. We probably could have caught more but were getting awful wet and decided to come back. Did good on the perch as well but not much meat for all the work. The largest perch there are only eight to nine inches max."[/#ff0000]

[#400000]I once heard from a fisheries biologist that the muskies on top are in an inactive mode, after feeding in deeper water. They are tough to trigger into a reaction bite. Fishing the right kind of crank or jerk bait in the feeding zone is more productive and less frustrating than watching the cruisers ignore your best casts.[/#400000]

[#400000]Good luck. Are you bringing tackle back to Arizona. and did you have a chance to check out the info on Patagonia Lake?[/#400000]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Tube Dude. I have a short week next then back to Utah and the next week is short, then off to Vegas for the weekend but I plan on bring down the gear after that and doing some lip rippin. I haven't looked into any of the lake you told me about but I've gotten to know acouple of co workers down here that want to take me out to some secret spots that they say are awsome.
[signature]