Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport report 1/16/2005
Checked out Rockport today with MGB . Tried to get him to go on the new ice but he said I was nuts . Found some safer ice to get on with out getting wet , on westside across from boat ramp . Perch were hard to come by at first . Couldn't find them but hooked up on some bows . Found perch out in the deeper water . 57 foot was good for perch . 20 to 25ft. was were the bows were . Biggest bow I caught was only about 10' under the ice . Lost another nicer bow at the hole . Here is some pics . Good luck to all that go but that first step is going to be a wet one for most . Where we crossed it was good but most spots look thin . Ice is melting away today , better find some where else to fish . He he !! LOL Bring a plank . I think the ice was 4" where we fished .
[signature]
Thanks for the report HA69.
I was up there today, just long enough to see how the ice was. I will be back in the morning to give it a try. Sounds like we will want to find some water that is about 60' deep for the perch. I hope there will be safe ice that far out from the boat ramp.
What were the perch hitting, if you don't mind sharing?
I can't wait to get back on Rockport again.
Here perchie, perchie, perchie!!!!!
[signature]
That was a nice bow you caught Randy and a nice pile of perch. I was after the bows and hoping to land a brown and didn't spend hardly any time fishing for perch so I didn't do as well as Randy. After you told me that guy had broke threw the ice I didn't want to take any chances. I don't care to take chances or run planks from the shore to the ice its just not worth it. The area we fished was safe but thats the minimum amount of ice I will fish on. If it doesn't stay cold the edges could become unsafe to walk on.
[signature]
I fished rat finkees , Genz worms , and Foxes jigs and with perch meat they all worked . Chartreuse was the color but it was cloudy today so I usually use chartreuse then .
[signature]
Thanks HA69, I'll give them a try in the morning. DKS.
[signature]
Any updates on the ice at Echo?
[signature]
But it is really cool getting on the crystal clear ice and watching the fish swim by . I should of punched a hole in it to see how thick it was . My limit of perch are all gone now . so I guess I got to go back now .
[signature]
I live in SLC , so I didn't go by it today .
[signature]
I pretty much have to go by Echo to get to rockport, so I'll report on it tomorrow, at least what I can see from the road.
[signature]