Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts Gravel Pond and Rexburg Nature Pond-Report
I fished with Kingfisheral from 4:00-10:00 A.M. on Monday morning. I caught 22 perch and 5 trout. I do not remember how many Kingfisheral caught because I was concentrating hard on getting those little suckers to bite that I did not keep track of both of us. I do know that Kingfisheral caught two perch that were around 11" long. All of mine were much smaller. I did the best using a swedish pimple with a size 18 bead head pheasant tail dropper. The perch were very picky about the size of their breakfast, especially early in the morning. Kingfisheral was caught the two bigger perch on a swedish pimple.

I fished from 3-5:30 with my boy and nephew at the Rexburg pond. We landed 45 stocker bows on just about anything that we happened to have on the pole. The berkely power nymph seemed to work best with a mealworm. Some kids on the other side of the pond landed the biggest perch I have ever seen come out of Idaho. I do not exactly how long it was but I know it was over 12". Overall it was a wonderful day with great fishing and and companionship.

Good Luck to You ALL
Windriver
[signature]
I know it is not good taste to answer your own post, but We went back to the Nature pond last night with my sons and a nephew and caught 22 stocker rainbows in the one hour before dark. It seems like the fish are stacked up about in the middle of the lake towards the island that is high and dry.

Good luck
Windriver
[signature]
Sounds like you must be releasing at least a few of the trout that you have been catching in that pond or there wouldn't be any left [Wink]
[signature]
Just the thought of eating the fish out of a water treatment pond makes me ill. All the fish have been released to be caught another day.[crazy] Has anyone had any good or bad experiences eating fish out of the Rexburg Nature Pond?

Windriver
[signature]
Gem Lake has a similar water source but also has river running through it so I don't think the "fishy" taste would be comparable [Wink]. If you don't have names for all of the fish in the rexburg pond don't forget to name on after me LOL.
[signature]