Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 1/18/05
Fished Stawberry today with DMR from 7-10:30. The truck said temp was 12 degrees upon arrival. We were the first ones on the ice at the marina. The sunrise was amazing and not too cold with just the slightest W... The slush is all frozen and walking is easy. There is about 1 foot of frozen snow and then 8 or so inches of clear hard ice so the hole drilling is not too bad by hand. There are snowmobile tracks everywhere and some wheeler tracks so its seems safe for wheelers since the slush has frozen. Fished east of the marina in 18-20 feet of water with foxee's and paddlebugs tipped with mealys. Tried minnows today but did better with mealys. It was unusually slow first thing in the morning til about 8:00 and then it was non stop action for the next 30-45 minutes. Then from 9-10:30 it was hit and miss. DMR landed 17 fish and I landed 9. He pretty much schooled me. We missed many hits and lost several at the hole. I got the BFOD (big fish of day) at 21 inches and we caught 3 over 20 inches. 2 fish were under 15 inches that will be dinner. All cutts. It was another fun day at the Berry!
[signature]
[green][size 2]Any pics? Sounds alot of fun, I wish I was there.
[/size][/green]

[signature]
Congrats. I was up there on monday the 17th with the wife, and between the 2 of us we landed 34 fish. I caught the bigun of the day at 25 inches. In fact I caught 2 of them. (I kinda think I caught the same fish twice, but he fought good both times). Some 22 inchers and alot of 20 inchers. Lost alot also. I was on the other side of the lake. Got to have a snow mobile, or 4-wheeler.
[signature]
How deep of water were you guys fishing in? Planning on a full day this Saturday at the berry!
nice fish arrowhead... sure are alot bigger than the ones at causey,thats for sure,,,, thanks for the report.
[signature]