Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 1-20
I hit Bear Lake today with some friends. Boy, the report about fog was right. Cache Valley was socked in and then we got out of it in Logan Canyon and then coming off the hill into Garden City we were in it for the whole day. The roads were dry and clear. We didn't have any problem getting into Cisco Beach and there was lots of cleared parking areas. We dip netted cisco for a couple hours and got 3 limits. We then launched Kent's 18 foot boat at the launch without any problems. It was weird being out on the water in the fog. We stayed close enough to the shore we didn't get lost in the fog.
The fishing was slow. We jigged with tube jigs tipped with a cut cisco tail on the bottom in about 80 feet of water. Kent got three cutthroat, Derrick one and I got skunked. Not even one hit fishing from noon to 4:30 in several areas. I think we would have done better fishing in the morning, but we wanted to get the cisco limits for bait this year. The cisco were spooked easily. Derrick got his waders on and figured out where to stand with the dip net so they couldn't see him as easy. After our limit was reached at noon, and getting ready to leave the cisco really came in and were swarming in the rocks by the thousands. Other fishermen we talked to reported slow fishing trolling also. We about ran over a small boat while traveling out to the spot we wanted to fish. It is hard to see in the fog so be careful. If whoever it was is a BFT member and reads this, we are sorry for the wakes. It was still a fun day of fishing even though the catching was terrible for me. Acey
[signature]
man that sounds like so much fun.... never been up for the cisco, nor have i ever seen a live one! i have only caught tons of whitefish and cuts thru the ice... last year we had a whole day of non stop fishing!! cuts... whites.... even a pup mack, and 4 suckers it was the best ice fishing i have ever done!!! so fun
[signature]