Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pocatello Fishing help
My borther is going to take the entrance exam for the Idaho State Police in Pocatello on April 23rd and I will have 5 hours to kill. I would like to know of any good flyfishing in the area. Of course there is the South Fork of the Snake and the [font "Arial"][#5c4e2e]Portneuf [/#5c4e2e]River. Any help about flies and good locations for these two rivers, or any others around the area would be much appreciated.[/font]
[font "Arial"][/font]
[font "Arial"]Katghoti[/font]
[signature]
I do not remember how far it is from Pocatello but I like flyfishing the BearRiver near the powerplant in Grace.

Acehardware is the place with the best info on pocatello info.

Windriver
[signature]
Katghoti,
I responded to your emial. Like I mentioned in the email also ask again in mid april for more advise. windriver and our guest have already given you some good advise. Black Canyon that windriver is talking about would be close to an hour drive (depending on who is driving [Wink]) and should have plenty of planters as well as other fisherman. Mctucker Creek would also be close to an hours drive. If you are looking for 20" wild trout rising everywhere then you will be disapointed but if your just looking for a place to cast your fly rod you should have a good time at a number of places.
[signature]