Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pallisades???
Just wondering how the fishing has been on PalliSades. Is there good ice at Big Elk, Little Elk, and off the dam??
[signature]
Welcome to BigFishTackle!! I do not have any information for you, but I am wondering the same thing so I hope someone knows for sure. I have never done really well at PaliSades but I would like to learn how to do well and hope to do better in the future.

Windriver
[signature]
Hi, and welcome also to BFT. I do not have any first hand knowledge of ice conditions at PaliSades in the past few days. However, there was some ice in both areas prior to the recent few days of frigid weather. So my guess would be that ice is ready particularly in the area of the dam. I would exercise more caution over at Big Elk Creek.

Also, I am sending you a private message tonight.

[url "http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho"]Http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho[/url]
[signature]
I was there last tuesday and wednesday at big elk. The shore ice was still pretty shaky, but if you got past that, the rest was alright. Tuesday I caught seven: two ten to twelve inch cuts, three nice browns around 18 or 19 inches and two suckers. Wednesday I caught one ten inch cut and one 16 or 17 inch brown.
[signature]
Hey, I'd like to thank you, OldjigHead, and Machunter for the warm welcome to BFT. My brother from Utah turned me on to this site last year when we were looking for a fishing report for Bear Lake. Needless to say, all the reports couldn't put any fish on the ice for us. Talk about a lake that will humble you! Anyway, I usually have fished 10 or 12 days at PalliSades by this time of the winter but I have been super busy this year. Kids!! I spent three weekends trolling the lake towards the end of October with little luck. I was hoping the fishing would pick up when the ice came on. Guess I'll have to get up there this weekend and try it out. I just needed to hear the ice was good since I went through to my chest at Big Elk last year. No fun. Didn't jump quite far enough! I have fished the ice at PalliSades since I was about 5 years old and it is my favorite place to fish. I'm holding out for the big one, which I know is in there. I've caught 10 or 12 Macks, about half of which were 5lbs. and one that went 7.5 lbs. All of these fish were caught through the ice with the exception of one 5 pounder we caught trolling by the cliffs in the narrows. Someday I'll get that 15 pounder. I love those 18-20 inch cutts you catch in the rip-rap at Big Elk too. All this talking is just making me want to go fishing. Maybe this weekend. Thanks for the info guys. Hope to see you guys there some day.
[signature]
Hookedlikeu,

Welcome to BFT. It is great to see more members signing up. Good luck if you get out to PaliSades in the near future. I also sent you a PM so you can see how they work.
[signature]