Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing, Weather, and Ramp Report
[black][size 3]Looks like the Cisco are still in and should remain in good numbers till at least the end of the month. Some fisherman have reported the Cisco fishing being better from the hours of 12pm - 2pm. This is not normally the case but chances are if you do not see them come in early, if you stick around, they will eventually show up. The Cisco run has been another fabulous year. Seems like most are still getting there limits in about 1/2 hour and I did hear a report from a gentlemen that stated that he actually dipped 72 Cisco in when net pull. He did release 42 Cisco so that he only had his limit of 30. Remember that the possession limit is 30 so once you get your limit for the year you are done. If you consume them then you can come back and get more but don't ever have more than 30 in your possession.<p> Access to the lake has started to become a problem as of today. The wind started to pick up and it has pushed some BIG ice chunks toward the Cisco Beach area, and also the Rock Pile. You might very well get your boat launched but what happens when you try to return to the launch site and it is covered by ice. I would say your SOL unless you have something to chip your way back in with. Just make sure that you go prepared. It is also very important to take a GPS and compass so that you know how to get back. The fog is still pretty thick but it is slowly lifting today. You never know when it will settle in and you will lose sight of not only the shoreline but other boats as well.<p> Fishing for trout has started to slow down a little bit. This is typical for this time of year cause most of the fish are totally stuffed from the amount of Cisco that are so readily taken. Look for the trout fishery to get hot again about the middle of February. Fishing is still very good for Cisco and Whitefish. Best locations will be off of the "Pump House" - Between 1rst and 2nd point - "Rock Pile" - Cisco Beach -Eden Deltas - West Side, and out in front of the State Marina. There is no access through the State Marina to launch a boat and will not be for the rest of the year. It was just to shallow to get the bubbler system to work. Hopefully with the moisture that we have recieved this year it will get our lake back up to a suitable depth.<p>The launch below the "Cottages" by the "Mash" house has become really bad to access. The water seems to have moved into the area that was plowed and I recieved an update that a gentlemen pulling a little 12' boat with his big 4X4 pickup actually got stuck going down to launch. I am in the process of trying to get another spot opened up. If I am successful I will post its location. I also heard that this week the guys that did launch below the "Mash" house had to chip there way to the Rock Pile because of the ice that has drifted toward the beach. I am not sure if the lake will freeze but I will keep you all updated as to the accessibility of the lake. <p> Thanks again to everyone that has came in and supported us over these last few weeks. We really do appreciate it. <p> Our business hours are Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm / Sat 7am - 5pm & Sun 8am 1pm. These hours will change in the next couple of weeks but I will keep you all posted. If you need to contact us so that we are in here earlier to help any of you out please call me at 435.757.9430, I am more than happy to meet anyone here earlier than what are hours are listed. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I keep this updated on our website as well.......please visit us every now and then. [/size][/black][url "http://www.fishingbearlake.com"][black][size 3]www.fishingbearlake.com[/size][/black][/url]
[black][size 3]Darin Pugmire[/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks for the info and posting here on the Idaho board. I primarily fish Bear Lake and I am up there almost every weekend. I have stopped by your place on numerous occasions but am afraid every time I stop at a tackle shop I get a little delerious. Got the need for gear.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]