Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 10/6
[Sad][size 4]I went out to Willard Sunday moring and I have to say it really sucked. I tried the feed lot area the south west corner and the east side by the Freeway. I fished for about 3 hours and never even had a hit. Did any of you guys go out and if you did how was it hopefuly better than my trip. [/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Skeeter, WH2 and I went out Sunday evening and did not too bad on the west dike. You probably would of liked it because we worked the shoreline, casting into the dike and caught 8 wipers just as it was getting dark. I put a post up if you want more info on our trip.[/size][/font]
[signature]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WH2, I thought it was nine and one catfish. You caught the one trolling and 8 caught casting against the dike, I think.? Oh well....... At least we got into the fish for a while and that's what really counts! Luck was with us for a while.[Wink]
[/size][/font]
[signature]
[mad]Hey Skeeter, we were out early also and fished everywhere and just a couple hits and no action. I think they were all at Church prayin cause they knew BLM was headed out sunday night and gonna put some hurtin to them.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Amen, my brother! Do I hear a hallelujah!? Somebody needed to put a hurtin' on them for everytime they made me sin when the fishin' was slow![/size][/font]
[signature]
[size 4]Hey BLM I'm glad someone was able to put a little hurtin on the Wipers Sunday. Because they sure put a hurtin on me. Sounds like I should of went out in the evening. Same old story just missed it.[/size]
[signature]
[laugh] If that is the case I've had so many bad days out there I must be the worst sinner in hell. They've really put the hurts on me this year. Got a question? As bass mature they seem to seperate from the schools and go out alone. Do you think that these wipers are at that mature age where they would do that or is a wiper a schooling fish like the striper. Seems like last year they would light up your graph and this year your lucky to graph one!
[signature]
[size 4]Scooter, the wipers I have seen and heard of being caught are definitley not mature fish. There have been many discussions on the fate of the wiper and its reduced size and numbers. I have wondered if the wipers just didnt school up as good this year due to the lack of shad, I have wondered if the raised limit took too many fish out of the water, maybee a bad winter kill and low oxegen levels over the past couple years, took care of the older fish, and I too have wondered if the bigger fish go out on thier own. What ever the reason, fish numbers, size, and the ammount of boils are way down this year. Some of us boys who have been fishing willard for a long time have seen old standard patterns like the reliable spring fishing go from wall to wall anglers, down to non existent. The good size boils of the past are gone, and where a guy could go out and have fifty fish days for three weeks straight, now you may hear of one or two guys in a year getting that lucky. If the fish and game is right, and I believe they are, the future of willard is in the shad. The wipers feed on them, the walleye feed on them, and if the shad are in poor situation, then so are the rest. If you are catching mature fish, I need to go out with you because I have not caught one in two years.[/size]
Hi All , I am a newbe here . Been reading you're post and tried wiper fishing at willard last sunday . Got skunked on the wipers but snag a shad . Now I feel bad about it if the shad are in trouble . I was fishing jigs, but was wondering what the predator is ?
[signature]
opps !! I meant the producer . Is it a lure or spinner ?
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey Hellsangler69,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Welcome aboard. The Producer that is often referred to here is the Prism Shad by Producer, made in Australia. It is a lipless crank bait that has a blue back, shiny laser sides and a white belly. They can be purchased at the Hooked tackle shop in Kaysville. If ya want to see one, join us for the BFT breakfast Saturday at Jeremiah's Restaurant on 12th street in Ogden. There is at least one to be given away as a door prize.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]