Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YeeHaa......Bear Lake Frozen Over, but for How Long?
[black][size 3]Don't ask me how long it will last but as of right now the big pond has about 1" of ice on it. Defentely not safe to be out drilling holes to fish from but the Cisco fisherman are on the ice, in about 2'-3' of water, dipping the Cisco. Most anlgers caught there limits in about 5 min. It is amazing how much easier it is to dip the little guys by being on top of the ice.

Needless to say, be VERY CAREFUL and don't go venturing out for a little bit. It will only take a little wind to break the pond back to open blue water. I will let you know how things are going tomorrow as well.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]In the meantime, enjoy and be safe![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Darin Pugmire[/size]
[signature]
thanks for the report
[signature]
GEESH!!!!

I dug my boat out of three feet of snow last weekend thinking I may have to use it this winter and now it freezes over! Guess I better start planning on bringing the ice gear up with me instead. Thanks for keeping us up to date Darin.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]If it were me I would still keep my boat plowed out! You know how it is here on Bear Lake. I have seen 6" of ice blow off in the matter of minutes. Remember you can all call before you go......sometime that isn't a bad idea![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 4]Darin[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]