Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Nights Jig Party
Last nights jig party was great! Being a beginner, Tubedude demonstrated and explained everything so even I could understand. He showed us how to pour the jigs, and different techniques in painting. Not mention keeping us entertained with his jokes. There were about seven of us there. I was hoping for more but I think the smaller group was more productive. Thanks again Pat. I'm looking forward to the next one. Al
[signature]
glad to hear your jig party was a success. smaller is better when it comes to these type of things. the last jig party i had i had 25 people in my garage and they ate all my fish. thats why i limited the party im having next week to less then 10.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I always enjoy the get togethers. It is fun to observe the different levels of knowledge, equipment and dedication. The main thing I try to get across is that you do not have to have as much stuff as I have accumulated to be able to enjoy making your own jigs, and benefitting from your efforts. But, it does take some planning, and being able to see firsthand what is essential...and what is not...can save time and money when you start spending dollars.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Every time we are wrapping up a group session, I find myself wondering where I would be if I had the benefit of similar sessions earlier in my jig making career. 99% of what I know (or think I know) has been self taught through a lot of trial and error (and investment). I am happy to be able to help fellow tackle tinkerers cut through some of that process and see the rewards a bit sooner.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe doesn't mind, cause it gets me out of the house more.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat between you and James (HFT) you've created a mad man hear. i 've gone wild with my jig making stuff. even got 2 desks set up in my office/garage just for jig making even have a computer now dedicated to jig making. by the way the wife says thanks[mad]

after today i will have 3 melting pots.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Everyone should have a hobby. In some of us, it gets out of hand. Saw the pics of your new setup. Nicety nice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have a 20 pound lead melter on the way, to help melt down some of the larger chunks of lead I have ended up with. I also have ladles and ingot molds, so now I can do a "total meltdown".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, my wire forms for the casting spoons got here this week, so I will be bringing those up next Wednesday...along with the mold. I will also be bringing some of the painted up glider jigs for you to look at. We can pound a few while I am there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know if there is anything in particular I should be sure to bring. I will bring most of my molds and I can also bring my newer fancy paints and glitters, if you wanna see some of that stuff. That clear metallic vinyl paint from Barlows really rocks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
all sounds good to me...
[signature]