Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much ice at strawberry, and causey?
Anyone know how much ice is at strawberry (the ladders), and causey. I may do some ice fishing tomorrow. But don't know if I'm up to using my manual auger on tons of ice. Since I'm posting, how bad is the slush up there also.

Thanks
[signature]
[cool]All the slush is frozen at the berry right now, which makes for more ice for you to drill through. I don't know how thick the ice is at the ladders, but it's definitely safe ice. When I was coming back from Soldier Creek Wednesday, there were some people out there fishing it. The ice at SC was plenty thick. With the clear ice and frozen rock solid slush together it made for about 15 inches of total ice. Good luck.
[signature]
Causey, the slush is frozen there is about 14" of ice and the fishing was slow last weekend. you could always come to Rockport for the get together
[signature]
I fished the marina today because I sold the Bronco and don't have anything to tow the ATV up there.

Ice was probably at least 18" with absolutely no slush and just a skiff of wind-blown snow.

I just wish the fishing was as good as the ice conditions. Very slow day. We only brought in a total of 3 fish with a number of other bites. Went a couple of hours without a single bite between 3 poles.

Didn't turn out to be the greatest fishing day for my dad's retirement celebration, but still better than sitting in an office.

I think I'll spend tomorrow and find me an old fixed up 70s ford truck so I can tow the toys out again and will probably head out again next weekend. If anyone can give me some idea of where I can have better luck that is accessible by ATV.
[signature]
Fished causey today plenty of ice a good 15" kind of slow went to the far back arms and worked our way back caught a lot of splake up to 14" couldn't find the kokes but I know they are there 2 weeks ago caught our limit in about 3 feet of water(kokes) Why the GF was in 3 ft. I don't know but I like her even more.[pirate]
[signature]