Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockinport
Fished rockport today on the east side at the camp ground south of the boat ramp. We caught over sixty perch and at least that many trout. We we in thirth feet of water and caught all fish just of the bottom with ice fly and boogers. Use waxies and night crawlers. the bigger trout seem to like the crawlers. The five of us fished from eight to one. Be careful if you go to this area there is a thin spot on the north side of the camp ground by a little bay that runs out quite far you can see by the buckeled ice my brother had one leg break through but mananaged to jump/run to thicker ice before it caved in. We cleaned out his pants and fished on.
[signature]
Sounds like a great time, I went over to Sportsmans and asked about boogers. The guy I talked to said they didn't have anything called a booger. Is there another name or is it that this guy didn't know what he was talking about? How thick was the ice you were fishing on?
Thanks
INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
Theres only one place you can get boogers and thats Hooked Fish Tackle in Kaysville.

Thats some fast fishing. Glad to hear nobody got hurt. Rockport has 5"-6" of ice but there are a few week spots through out the lake.
[signature]
Inaane4thegame, where have you been? Boogers are only found at Hooked Fishing Tackle in Kaysville. I thought everyone at BFT knew that. It has become a standing joke for someone to go to another store and ask for Boogers. No one will know what you are talking about or they will act like they don't know because they are tired of being asked.
There is a jig called a paddle bug, that loosely resembles a booger. They both have a long split tail that has life like action. You fish them attached to a 1/16 oz jig head.
[signature]
It was four of five inches once we got on. The edges are bad and a plank would be good. If you walk to the south a little you could step on but again don't go north until you are out on the ice 50 or so yards and it looked like there was one open spot between us and the boat ramp.
[signature]
I was there today too . The eagles were hanging out by that soft spot off Three Points today . I was wanting to go check out that area . Sounds like you did well there .
[signature]
We were across the lake a little south of the eagles. they were really cool. There was a big mature one in the trees while we were paying to go in. Just seeing one of those makes the drive worth while. I called on my radio about eleven and thought someone tried to answer but could not copy maybe it was you.
[signature]
Not me . I don't pack a radio . To busy trying to catch fish . Those eagles always hang out in the cottonwoods around there . I have had them squawking at me when I would be in there fishing hole on the river .
[signature]
Thanks, I know what a paddle bug is I think I need to stop into kaysville though and pick up some boogers. Thanks for the info.
INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]