Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe kokanee
Went fishing on ririe today. I caught a few perch and a couple of cuts. Some guys about 200 yards away were catching a few kokanee. I overheard them say that anything red seemed to be catching them as they came by. It only lasted about 30 minutes though. Hopefully it will get better soon.
[signature]
Hey how thick was the ice? My personal experience with kokanee is get on the outside of a group and when the school comes throught you cant keep em off. Last year my kokanee fishing at Ririe was amazing we caught 15-20 every time often more than that. My favorite setup is a sweedish pimple and ratfinkee tipped with a waxie or meallie. Next time you go, go about 100 yards diagonal from the boat dock and only drop your line down 10-15 feet no deeper! Good Luck!
[signature]
The ice was about 4" thick. I was going to get a little closer to them, but I already had all my poles out and was just enjoying the sunny day. I will try what you said. Thanks for the suggestion.
[signature]
Do you know if anyone has been fishing up by the Southeast boundry line or across the reservoir from the boat ramp? How close to the rock island was the Kokanee caught? Usually the kokanee can be caught down toward the dam off the Cliffs.

Thanks for the information. Bill
[signature]
there was a group of four by the boundry line on tuesday, but I did not talk to them.The kokanee was caught about 100 feet off the west side of the island. And I don't know if anone has been across the resivoir from the boat ramp.
[signature]