Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing & Weather Conditions
[black][size 3]Well the big blue pond is starting to freeze up again. For the most part it is open and access to launch is still a go off of Cisco Beach and below the Cottages. There was also another spot opened up this past week at 150 South Bear Lake Blvd. It is a little wet down there so be careful if that is the spot you decide to launch from.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The trout fishing has seemed to hold on pretty strong. I would look to the weed beds for the best action. The whitefish should be in heavy in these areas feeding on all those little Cisco eggs. The Cisco run is all but over. It is still possible to snag a few but dipping should be over for another year.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Reports of some nice fish have been monitored. Try depths of 90' off of Gus Rich point and 50'- 90' off of the east side. I would stick with the 1rst and 2nd point area and even down to the Pump House. Try fishing in shallow for best action.....10' - 20' of water.....that is where the weedbeds usually are at.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Good luck this weekend and keep us informed.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]For any of you that are wanting a dip net for next year we have the 6 that we have left in stock at 50% off. Let us know early and we can put them aside for you. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If the lake doesn't freeze up we will also have quite a bit of ice fishing supplies that we will be selling at our cost......I will keep you all informed![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Darin Pugmire[/size]
[signature]
Darin,

Where are the weed beds located? GPS or physically description. I have yet to find them and would like to get into some whites and maybe a monster perch.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I appologize for not have the GPS locations but there are so many weedbeds that it really wouldn't help a whole lot. The first area that I like to fish in the Weedbeds is along the West side of the lake before you get to the "Rest Area". There is a big drop off right off of the shore. Find the drop off in about 12' and the weeds go out to around 25'. Most of all the edges of this side of the lake have good weedbeds.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The next place is off of the "Pump House" located just South of the 1rst Point area. This is a thick weedbed and produces some great fishing. I would try to fish it right on the edge of the weedbed and the sandy bottom. Usually this is about 15'-25' of water. [/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3]Quick Update: Just had a gentlemen come in and said that he couldn't launch off of Cisco Beach or below the Cottages due to the ice that has formed in these areas. I will keep you updated as to the launching conditions as I hear them come in.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Darin Pugmire[/size]
[signature]