Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 3 Jan and a radio ??
Fished Rockport today 1st time out this year quite Sad seeing that I love to ice fish. What a great day caught my limit by 1130 started fishing at 0900. The edges are fine in the morning but started to soften by the time I left. The sun shined and not a breeze what-so-ever only thing missing was some company to share the good times with. I heard someone call on channel 12 for BFT members I tried to respond but must of had trouble with my radio also because I could not get any response from any one on channel 12 or the person trying to contact members about 10 O-clock or so.

Question?? does it matter what brand of radio you have to be able to call members on the lake or (ice) I have a pair Cobras (says there good for 7 miles) I only heard one member today on the pond but I could not transmit only receive his pleas for someone to talk to him.
[signature]
Brand should make no difference. If you heard the message you were on the same frequency. Perhaps your batteries were low.
[signature]
ALOT OF PEOPLE'S PROBLEM WITH THE RADIO IS THEY ARE ON CHANNEL 12 SUBCHAN 1 IT SHOULD BE 12 SUB 0
[signature]
that was fishfearme on the radio about 10am looking for me but i had left my radio in the car
[signature]
It has rechargable batteries, I charge them after each use and it works fine with the other radio. I purchased the set for road trips just came off one from St.louis to SLC and they both worked great.
Thanks for the help![Smile]
[signature]
yea that was me deep. I was useing my step dads radio but it was locked on busy and I could not figure how to get the busy off. so yours are fine but mine sucked.....well acctully the user did :}

Did anybody else see the head of 20 or so deer just north of the dam today? that was cool.
[signature]