Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Bait??
Hey ya'll I was wondering if any one had any suggestions. I am really new to this ice fishing thing and was planning on trying my luck out at Ririe this saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of bait I should use and what colors? Also any good spots would be great to know as well. I haven't really fished Ririe that much so I am not too familiar with the lake. I have been down close to the Dam a couple times and that's it. Thanks
[signature]
I have had luck with anything from worms to powerbait. It kind of depends on what you are trying to catch. If you are looking for perch, I have caught them on 1/32 oz jigs an inch or two off the bottom with a little powerbait. For kokanee, I think you tend to catch them between 10 and 20 feet down. Red, orange, or white has worked best for me with worm or mealworm for bait. Trout seem to hit everything and has varied in depth for me on ririe.
[signature]
Fight4not,

Welcome to big fish tackle. Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your post earlier. Machunter already gave you some good advice but here's a little more info that might help you out. I fished Ririe on saturday and put up a new thread titled "Ririe Report for 2/5/05" that should have some info that might help you out. If your still looking for an all around ice jig I would recomend 2" tub jigs with 1/16 and 1/32 oz jig that you slide inside of them. If you are only going to get two colors I would recomend the glo white and red with white tail. Smaller jigs or flies would probably be better for the kokanee. Also sent you a PM.
[signature]
Welcome to Bigfishtackle. I met fight4not on the Rexburg nature pond around a week ago. We talked again last night on the pond. If you have any questions this is the place to ask. As far as Ririe is concerned it seems like it is just starting to heat up. I told you that I will P.M. you on Thursday to tell you my weekend plans.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]