Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Here is a web address to Bear Lake watch. It is a group of people that our looking out for the best interest of Bear Lake. I have been a member for 3 years. Check it out there is alot of good info and how you can be a member also.

Bodine

[url "http://www.bearlakewatch.com/"]http://www.bearlakewatch.com/[/url]
[signature]
Just thought I'd bring this back on top. Has anyone looked at the site? I just thought that as many people on this board that love to fish bear lake would be interested in this maybe not I don't know....[unimpressed]

Bodine
[signature]
I HAVE STARTED TO READ IT JUST DON'T HAVE TEH TIME I USED TOO
[signature]
Thanks for the info Jeff it looks like a great group. Is the president the same M. Olsen of football legend?
[signature]
The one and only. I even met him once at Bear Lake West when he was golfing. Nice guy.

Bodine
[signature]
Thanks TD, it was this group that was mostly responsible for setting the limit on how much water can be pumped out of the lake. If Pacific corp had its way they would take it down another 12 feet by dredging.

Bodine
[signature]
GOOD CAUSE. I JOINED.
[signature]
Thats great!!! This group really cares and I just love Bear Lake the more members the more power.[cool]

Bodine
[signature]
bodine11,

I have a question concerning participation in this group by the merchants of Garden City, Lake Town, Pickleville, Fish Haven, etc. Are they active members of this group? It seems to me that they have as much, or more, to lose as the home owners, vistors, campers and fishermen of Bear Lake if the water quality goes to hell.

Another question. In the 6 years I've been a home owner in Garden City and the 40+ years I've been a visitor to the Lake, I've never heard of this group or what it is trying to do. Seems to me we need to broadcast the news and do whatever necessary to get more members. Your post here is a positive step in that direction.

Just my 2 cents.
[signature]
This group has been around for awhile. It started out as homeowners on the west side of bear lake. As far as locale business participation I don't know. On there web sight there is a contact where you can email them. They have always been good at returning mine. I just found out about them 3 years ago and joined. They are starting to recruit members now that alot of what they are trying to do involves legal litigation and lawyers cost money. I believe before that Merlin Olson and some of the wealthier members were paying the lions share.
[signature]