Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Conditions
[black][size 3]Well, I really don't know what to say because as soon as I post this message the lake condititions will probably have already changed![/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]As of right now, 02/11/05 - 6:30pm, the lake has quit a bit of ice on it. BearLakeFishGuy went out this morning and was able to launch and fish off of the "Rock Pile", he smoked the whities, but he spent about 5 minutes jigging and anther 10 getting back to his "honey hole" after the ice had pushed him off of it. I even seen 2 crazy men out off of "Performance Rental" (just north of the Utah State Marina) out ice fishing!!! - NOT RECOMMENDED - They told me that they were fishing on about 1 1/2" of ice, I guess they made it off cause they were back to work today[crazy][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The ramp at Cisco Beach still had open water around it earlier today, don't ask me what it will be like tomorrow. If your coming up I would personally leave my ice fishing gear in my boat and take your chances fighting the ice bergs and using your auger if you need to fish below your boats. Fishing off of the West side of Bear Lake has been great, as of tonight there was little ice on that side of the lake. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Remember that if you do decide to come up to bring your ice chisle just in case you have to chip your way on or off of the big blue pond.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Cross your fingers that it either warms up or gets cold so that we can fish by boat or on the ice, I for one, couldn't care less what it does at this point, but JUST MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!~[Smile][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]For more ideas on locations, lures, and techniques please visit my site at [url "http://www.fishingbearlake.com/"]www.fishingbearlake.com[/url]. Click on the "Fishing Reports" link on the bottom of the page![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Best of luck![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Darin [/size]
[signature]