Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Good Samaritan Turned In My Auger !!!!
My son meet me at my house to go fishing this morning and said that he stoped at the C store by my house on the way over and saw a flier for my lost power auger and other lost gear. To my delight I called the number after we got back fron the Rock, and it was my gear, ALL in perfect shape.[Smile]
The guy said that he found it about 2 blocks from my house.
I offered him a token reward and he said that "The Fishing Gods Would Frown On Him If He Kept The Stuff, Or Took Any Money For It!" [Sad]
What A Guy!!![angelic][angelic][angelic][angelic]
DKS, A very happy camper![Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
There are a few honest people still out there -- sounds like you found one of them!
[signature]
You've just experienced something very unique and very rare these days. Congrats is in order. How long did you guys stay at the Rock today? Did the bite get any better after I talked with you? I limited out in about 1 1/2 hours and went after some trout closer to shore, just like you said. I caught three rainbows in about 10 minutes and then the trout bite died. I did catch a few perch in the depth that I was in, 10-12 feet. I headed home at about noon.
[signature]
Hi Kastmaster,It took us a while to locate the perch Today. I normally just drill a hole and catch perch. It was after 11:00 before I got a limit. We only brought 30 or so home today.
Not too bad, as I was helping my grandson while his dad was closer to shore looking for the trout.
The weather sure was better up there than back home!
[signature]
Thats Great News!!, The Fishing Gods were watching over You!
[signature]
That sure is good news, hasn't it been a couple of weeks since you lost all that equipment? I had a similar experience this last week, sometimes people will surprise you and do the right thing, in this day and age that sure is refreshing. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You should of invited him to the site! We can always use people like that! So what ended up being the story on the loss? Did it indeed fly out of your truck and not stolen?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Wow you are one lucky guy! Poeple like that are too few in this world. Congratulations on getting your gear back. Next time remember to be more cautious ![Wink]
[signature]
Thats great to hear. What luck.. Did somebody Steal It?. Oh by the way If anyone snags a $200 custom 1 piece rod out of Willard Give me a ring..LOL. May have a wiper skeleton on it.
[signature]
BLM,I did just that. The guy said that he is more of a hunter than a fisherman, but a friend of his has had him on the ice before. Part of identifying my gear to him over the phone, was telling him that there was a BFT sticker on my sled. I told him about the site and asked him to check us out.
He found the gear just 2 blocks from my house on the side of the road. He had placed the lost and found flyer in the C store by my house, thinking that the owner of the stuff would see his add there. It was my son that saw it and told me to call.
The speed we were going when we must have lost it was only 30 to 35 MPH, so every was fine. Now I need to call my insurance company tomorrow and cancel my claim.
I also talked to the guy about how good Strawberry has been fishing and told him that he could borrow my auger if he ever went up there. DKS.
[signature]
Man that is cool, glad you got your gear back. I sat back and realized the 2 most expensive things i own is fishing related and could easily come out of a pickup bed. (learning how easy it can from your experience) So I make sure my fish finder is in the cab with me and my ice auger is fastened down. DKS lets hit rockport one of these days, shoot me a pm when you go next.
[signature]
Congrats on the returns DKS, way cool..
[signature]
I told you stranger things could happen! Good on you!
and
A BIG THUMBS UP TO THE HONEST GUY!
[signature]
That is some awesome news! Glad there is still atleast 1 person on this planet that does the right thing.

I on the other hand probably would have seen it as an act of god and kept it for myself. Smile
[signature]
Hey thats good to hear, im glad that it was found by a good symartin, Am i going crazy or did you mention that you had bought a replacement auger already?
[signature]
The lost auger was my son's and we shared it with all the other gear that I bought. Now I have one of my own and so does he. His is an 8" and the new one is 10". The old 8" is a 2 HP but it feels like it is more powerful than the new 3 Horse. Go figure!
[signature]
That's fantastic! I'd be buying that guy a steak dinner!
[signature]
Just unwittingly slip him a gift certificate to Sportsman Warehouse, (If Cabelas is open here in Lehi, then that would be a great choice for gift certificate...)

I love honest people and I would do anything for them![Smile]
[signature]
[cool]That is so awesome, I figured you might have found it in a pawn shop someday, glad there are still some awesome people out there still... may the fishing Gods bless that person.
[signature]
Thats the problem with getting a bigger auger, they seem to need twice the horse power for each increase in hole size. I bet that 10" auger would work a lot better with a 4 horse motor. Every 10" auger I've used seems to have the same problem but I've never used one with a 4 hp motor, I wonder if they even make one that big? WH2
[signature]