Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck home decorating yard
Hey I'm stuck home doing the Holloween yard decorations today! Was going to go and soak a hook but the kids had fits! (kids they are all teens ...... do they ever grow-up)

Last Saturday Josh and I went to Strawberry and we used the bait casting net for the first time. I need some serious practice, Josh netted about 50 shiners and chubs. Dang the kids adjust fast! We fished top first trying flies black and brown wollies, not even a nibble. Josh changed to his *special* flies (got me why they are special he didn't do any better than I did) and I went to to a minnow and nightcrawler setup. I first fished the bottom but added a marshmellow to the nightcrawler (yellow w/glitter) and I had one on in no time. Total for the day 6 for me 2 for Josh. Average fish was between 16 and 18 inches with one 24 inche 9 pound brute! I'm closing in on that 15 pound rainbow guys! Though I was trying to target Rainbows I caught none, all our fush were Cuts. The bows are starting to bite but mostly from boats still. Oh yeah they were hitting the worms in the morning w/the yellow mellows and in the afternoonon the crawlers it was w/the white mellows. Most of the hits were on the shiners though. As the morning wore on we moved to the surface again and floated the minnows about three to 6 feet down. That seemed to be best most of the day. And my sons comment when I let the 9 pounder go (I have a pic but still have pictures on the roll) made my day. Hell it made the year for me. Guys we have another fihermen who will be releasing the trophys you another to catch. As a side note these cuts are stressing very easily for some reason. I spent 20 minutes with one before it could swim off on it's own. So if you go to the Berry don't play them too long and try and keep them in the water when you release them( remove hook in water Brrr on hands). As little handling as possible is going to be the key this year.

HHey the kids just came in asked me to take them fishing HOOOORAAAAYYYYY!!!

I'm out of here guys will post later!

Marty
[signature]