Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe on Saturday
It was like a BFT party out on Ririe Saturday morning. I fished with Kingfisheral, Fight4not, and BSflies at one time or another on Sat. I also talked to Ovidcreek. Was there anybody else out there on Sat?

The fishing was really good when we first arrived. Kingfisheral and son in law already had the spot picked out and were pulling in Kokanee as fast as they could when we arrived. My son and I were soon doing the same thing. We both caught our limits in only a few minutes. I made the mistake of keeping some that were a little small like 9". Then later we started getting into some of the bigger ones while looking for perch. I really felt dumb when people started pulling in some around 14". O well there were others who I talked to who released the smaller ones and never did get into the bigger ones and they wished they had kept a few of the smaller ones for dinner. The Kokanee fishing shut off like a light switch at 9:00 A.M. so we went out to the boundary to look for perch. We did not find any perch but we did find five nice cutthroat and a couple of suckers out there.

When we came back saw two guys who had 9 really nice 10" perch that they had taken just off of the island. I guess the perch are where you find them.

All in all it was a great day to be out on the water with great company. I hope to get some time to do it again soon.

Windriver
[signature]
Well done, Windriver! Fishing is really picking up at Ririe. The Kokanee fishing has been pretty hot. It's really good to see some nice Perch being caught. The Trout have been spotty, but, maybe their going to take off also.
[signature]