Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
I have heard conflicting reports on ice at Jordanelle. Is the reservoir completely iced over and fishable? I'm interested in either the north end or around Hailstone. thanks.
[signature]
[cool]I haven't been up there lately, but do know for a fact that Rock Cliff is at least 12 inches of ice, but I don't know about the hailstone area or the rest of the lake. Fairway Philly works up by there, so if you sent him a pm he'd probably know for sure since he drives by there every morning.
[signature]
Was there last Sunday and the Rockcliff area is frozen with 12 in of ice.Caught a few perch and 1 18 inch bow and another 12 in bow.All the trout were caught between 8 and 9 in the morning,and I was right next to the buoye markers. PEACE!!!
[signature]
I went past there yesterday,and the areas you spoke about were open water,or unsafe ice
[signature]
I drove down to the personal water craft ramp on the Hailstone side today at 4:30 PM. There was a young man parked at the bottom of the ramp (no snow on the ramp) and he was fishing from the shore. He said he had been there since noon, had a few bites on PowerBait, but hadn't caught any fish. He sure loved to use the "F" word. One could have easily launched a boat because it is wide open water in most of the bay.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the update, Kent. It sounds like the only place to icefish safely there this year is at Rock Cliff.
[signature]