Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake "Presidents Weekend" Report
[black][size 3]With the past few nights being below zero the lake has formed a little ice. However, it isn't safe to be out on, there were a couple of guys that fished off of the "Pump House", but were unable to get out into deep enough water due to that fact that there was only about 1" of ice - NUTS![crazy][/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Launching off of Cisco Beach was still open as of today. Open water ran from South Eden, north to the Idaho State line. As you all know this can change on an hourly basis so if it isn't accessbile tomorrow please don't blame me and my report :-)[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Access to the "Rock Pile", at this point, is unaccessible. The road down to the lake, in this area, has been blown in with big drifts and there is quite a bit of ice out in this area. The South West end of the lake is still open but I am not sure how you will access this area unless you have a little boat that you can pull down by hand or with a snowmobile.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Fishing has been good, however, not many fisherman have been able to access it due to the weather conditions. We have had ice on and ice off for the past few weeks, if the winds would subside it would have probably frozen over by now.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The State Marina is still froze up solid and I would guess we won't have access to this location until the end of March. I will keep you all posted when it finally breaks.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I won't go into a lot of detail as to where to fish and what to fish with because I don't see to many of you getting out over this holiday weekend.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Either way, if you decide to venture out PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! If nothing else come on up and enjoy the beauty that only Bear Lake offers this time of year......the Snowmobiling is awesome, be careful of avalanche danger, it is listed as extremely high this weekend.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Best of luck to all and please keep us informed of any changes that you happen to see.[/size][/black]

Darin
[signature]