Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A report from Pallisades on 2-19
PalliSades can either treat you real good or make you feel real humble. Today I'm feeling humble. Fished from about 8 A.M. to noon on Saturday morning at Big Elk creek. Caught three cutts, two of which were under 10 inches. Not the best of mornings. Shore ice is bad to say the least. An eight foot 2x6 did the trick. There was probably 20 other fisherman in groups at Big Elk and no one we talked to had more than two fish. The three fish we caught hit nightcrawlers right near the bottom. We didn't pick up any fish jigging, which really surprised me. There is probably 10 inches of new snow on the ice with an inch of water under it. Warm, waterproof boots are a must. Good luck to anyone who heads up, and be careful getting on the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
Was anyone else catching anything besides cutts?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Doesnt sound good enough to deter me from Ririe. Maybe you really caught 20 cutts over 20"s and you are just trying to keep those of us who are fishing at Ririe, well at Ririe? Hmmm[crazy] J/K. Good Luck and keep posting the good reports.

Windriver
[signature]
I wish I was catching the fish like that at PalliSades, but the truth is, I havn't had a day like that since 97' when the lake was full. Usually the fishing off the dam picks up in March if the ice stays good. Let's hope. I also fished Ririe today and did so-so. We set up first thing off the south end of the island and waited an hour before we got a bite. For about ten minutes we reeled in the Kokanee and then they were gone. We then moved south to the little inlet with the boat dock and caught one cutt that was about 14''. He was in about 9 feet of water 10 feet of the shore.
[signature]