Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe-Report
We fished Saturday morning.
We drilled our hole just South of the Island and began watch for a strike. We watched and watched and watched for two hours without a strike. It was about 8:50 and I had to leave at 9:15 so it was getting down to the wire and then all of a suddent all the spring bobbers started bobbing at once. My wife and I and my son all limited out in about 10-15 minutes. Fight4Not was also there and he quickly caught his limit of Kokanee. It was really amazing how fast they could come in get the action going.

The fish and game came to set up their clinic just as the action was at its peak and then it quit as suddenly as it had begun. We went home happy and felt pretty lucky that they had chosen to come hit our baits before we had to go.

Did anyone do well in the afternoon? How was the Fish and Game Kokanee clinic?

Windriver
[signature]
Fished Ririe today, 2/19/05, with about another 100 - 150 or so fellow ice hole peekers. Fish & Game were on hand to provide supports and information. Juniper boat dock area was literally covered with small groups of ice fishers that as a whole looked like an ice fishing city. There were ice huts, tents, sleds, ice fishing gear, and four wheelers a plenty on this day. Unfortunately, for most groups the fishing was really pretty slow. I do not believe there was a really hot stretch for anyone jigging for Kokanee. There were some caught, but, not in the numbers that have been coming out of lake over the past week or so. There were a few perch being caught around the island itself. Again, I honestly did not see or hear of any trout being caught and I had a chance to talk with a number of the groups during the slow activity. One fellow with an Aqua-View camera indicated that it looked like the water itself was kind of "milky" where he was fishing. The only fish my group caught were right off the bottom after reeling up a couple of turns. I guess another term for the days fishing would be "spotty" at best. Still a fun time outdoors with lots of other folks all wetting a line.
[signature]