Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
expensive brown
Ok here's the ultimate goof! No one could make up a story like this, and no one else could have this happen to to them. It's 6:20 and I'm rigged and ready for the brown trout to hit. I'm on the ice alone, since no one could make it on a Sunday morning.

I'm giving myself a 2 hour limit then I'm going home to do other work. Suddenly, I get a strike and I'm on it. This is a bruiser and I know it. I finally get the lunker iced after about 15 minutes. I'm ready to lose all liquids from my body at the sight of this fish.I settle down, get my breath and get this thing weighed. 9lbsOk now I'm shocked and get a few more pics with my bft logo next to it.

This was an old fish, and gave me quite a battle, and I could see no point in keeping him. He needed to do battle again with someone else. I let him slip back down the hole.

With no more action I decided to head out. I readied my gear, put the digital on the sitting bucket next to the hole and gathered my rods/reels etc. As I turned to grab my back pack my leg hit the sitting bucket and the camera tumbled into the hole as quickly as the fish. Holy trapezoid!

To make a long story short, because I was only in 4 foot of water I drilled a host of holes. spotted the camera,hooked it and brought it back up. That's the good news. The bad news is the memory stick might be wasted. I have sent it in to the manufacturer to see if it can be saved . Nothing came up on my computer.
No fish no pic_JUST MEMORIES.
[signature]
I did that last year, but it was my fishing rod that went down the hole, I used my jigging rod to bring it back up but had to retire it for the day, at zero degrees and 15 mile winds my rod froze up solid and quick.
[signature]
At least you've got the memories. I know that probably doesn't sound too good right now, but hey, it would have sucked even worse to have never battled at all. I the image is recoverable, please share it with us. Sounds like an exhilarating fight.
[signature]
Does your camera still work?
[signature]