Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing around Malad/Preston
I was just trying to get out at least one more time this season. I havent been for about 3-4 weeks and it is killing me. I was just wondering if anyone has been to any of the resivors around the Malad/Preston Area? Any info would be nice. We will probally hit the old standby at Devil's Creek, but I am open for any suggestions.
[signature]
Pinetar,

You need toget out at least one more time or you will get rusty.[Wink]
I have heard some reports from Twin Lakes etc that sound decent. You might want to check out the reports on my forum for fishing SouthEast Idaho for more specifics as this report was from another poster.
[signature]
I have tried for a month to get info on the fishing around Preston. If you get up to date info would you please let me know. I am more interested in perch or blue gill than trout. Thanks
[signature]
I haven't been ice fishing in that area for about a month now but I might give it a try on Saturday. If you want a mixed bag including bluegill, Twin Lakes wouldn't be a bad option. If you’re specifically looking for perch for the table you could try Weston even though the perch there are often a hit or miss.Good luck if you get out. If any of you would like to meet up on the ice Saturday send me a PM. I should know what my plans would be by Friday afternoon.
[signature]
I have to stay home this weekend. My wife is out of town but I have to take my daughter around to ballet practice. Would have been a perfect day to play without the honeydooer home.Let me know next week the results of your trip. Thanks
[signature]
Considering the warmer weather that we have had recently and the warm forcast I'm planning on trying some river fishing Saturday. I would think that the ice on the reservoirs around malad and preston should still be fine by next weekend. Good luck if you get out next week.
[signature]
We ended up going to Deep Creek instead. The fishing was fair. from about 8am to 1pm we caught about 14 fish. We caught a couple at about 16". I understand that those are all planter as of this spring, but some were not bad size for some planters. The fishing died at around 11:30. They seem to be swimming in school. We kept on have a 15 min window every hour or so where the would bite real hard and we would have about 3-5 of our poles knocking. We just about lost 2 poles. They were biting really hard.

If you decide to go you may want to park on the main road. We spent alot of time digging some trucks out.
[signature]