Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay this afternoon
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I took a drive with my wife this afternoon around 4:00 PM and thought that we would check out Willard today. There were about a dozen boats out on the water. I talked to one of the guys that was just loading up, he said that they didn't get a bite or a hit all day. Water temp is still pretty cold.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] The water level was up to the concrete on the North end , and the spillway was flowing very nicely. I'm getting excited. The guy that I talked to said that the mouth of the North marina where it got real shallow is about 4-5 feet now. Sorry guys I forgot the camera.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I took a drive around to the southwest corner. The water is almost to the rocks. I saw two boats trolling around the south dike, but I don't know how they were doing. They seemed to be going pretty slow, so I'm guessing they were after walleye.

The road going around the dike is pretty rough and wet/muddy, but I'd say it's passable in a car. Be very careful where you pull off though, cuz there's some deep mud holes all along the roadside.
[signature]
I was one of those boats. I just got my boat out of the shop. I went out for a test drive and a little fishing. I got to the Island and I have to say the boat was running great! So great that I was wondering if I might have actually got it fixed this time. And then it happend it started to cut out and bang I was dead in the water. Moral to this story is get your boat out and get the bugs worked out. Soft water is comming quick. I had to use the kicker to go all the way to the north marina. By the way the water temp is 41 to 42 degrees. Didn't catch any fish I was to busy working my way back to the marina. Hopefully this is only a temporary set back.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the dead merc, skeeter.
I think we have all had to work out the bugs one time or another.after it dies have you tried to prime the bulb to see if there is any gas in the line still,could be a bad fuel pump.
any way,hope you figure it out soon,I have not had the best of luck with shops and ended up finding the problems myself.if the motor is oil injected good luck on ever getting it to run right year to year.all my friends are running them and seem to have problems every spring.when they get them out for the first time,clogged injectors,warning lights for the oil level,etc.
I personally will not buy a motor with oil injection,some people might have a problem with my thinking but I run the fuel out of my motors everytime I get off the water and it starts and runs great every year,going on 5yrs with this boat,The guy that owned it before me did not run the motor out of fuel and it had clogged air intakes on both carbs,I took it to the shop where they adjusted timing and a few other things and said it was fixed,took it out and it had the same problem,It would cut out at full throttle but would idle like a dream,I took the cover off the the motor and the intake shield,so I could see the carbs intakes,I sprayed carb cleaner directly into the air intake jets on the face of the carbs(NOT THE THROAT OF THE CARB).the intake jets are small holes on the front,usally just below the throat of the carb or just inside the throat. while my wife had the throttle all the way down at full throttle,the boat took off, and has run fine ever since,I have owned three boats know,one with a 5HP,which has run like a top since 1982,had a 25hp that ran like a top the whole time I owned it and when I sold it,and now the 90hp.
I dont think you can do this with an oil injected motor.so please dont anyone try to run one out of fuel,If there motor is oil injected.

Wish you would have caught a few at least.good luck next time.

later,FNF
[signature]