Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday at willard
Thanks,OLD COOT.

You put me right on the fish this evening,fished the west dike,SW Corner,North Dike,LOL.Caught three fish,In the morning,nothing all day,then around 5:00PM started watching them little gulls that are there right now,there not terns,there really loud,and circle around by the hundreds,at times,The wipers where right under them,me and the boy caught another 9 wipers by sunset,Thanks again,COOT,RUN IN GUN,that seems to be the ticket,We where throwing the prism shad,They are starting to get slugish and want it slowed down,13ft of water so your out about 500yrds out from the south east corner.Water Temp was 53.3 in the morning,58.9 when we left.they were all nice fish,exept two that where on the small side.

Tight Lines.

Tony[cool]
[signature]
aarrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh! Man, sounds like alot more fun than I had. Glad you had a good time. Sounds like coot gave you some good info though
[signature]
If I understand you correctly you caught most of your fish 500 yards off the south end of the east dike trolling in 13ft of water or were you casting? Did you launch from the north marina? How fast were you trolling?
When we launched at 3:30pm from the south marina we went to the same area but saw no birds and few fish on the fish finder. When we caught our first fish we were trolling at 2.5mph and most of the fish were around 19inches and four pounds but we also caught two that were around 15inches. The fish seem to be fatter than they were a month ago.WH2
[signature]
Sorry,about the mix up,same off both shorlines at least 500 off the east shorline,and 500yrds off the south shorline,we caught 3 fish trolling,and the rest casting,in the SE Corner area,The only way I can describe it is we where in 13FT of water,we didnt mark fish in close,so we moved out,lots of little humps out there so if you start seeing them thats where we fished,There was more than one biol going on at the same time,we just picked the largest group of birds and went after them,when they stoped,we kept casting in the area,and would pick up a few,They didnt seem to like it fast,we slowed it down and sometimes stoped it and let it fall,then reel,then stop,ETC.they are fat right now winters coming and they know that,feeding heavy,I told myself I wouldn't go back out on the full moon,but found myself looking at it on my way out,I honestly think that when you fish during the day on a full moon,Your going to have to work hard for the fish you get,the fish usally turn on late in the afternoon,fish late into the evening and you will probably catch all you want for the next view days,JMOA.

Tight Lines.

Tony[Wink]
[signature]