Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diseased perch in the CT. River
I'm getting reports of diseased perch in the river. The guy reports that it also got on his hands. [crazy] If it was me I wouldn't have filleted them. I think we had this problem with stripers a couple of years ago. Hopefully it's a flash in the pan. I'll keep an eye on it.
[signature]
are we talking about black specks, little red worms or that yellwish blueish pinkish fungi?
[signature]
He wasn't very specific, but it seems he's going out for more to have them looked at by the state. What ever it was the fisherman contacted it as well. [:/]
[signature]
sounds like eather the little worm or colera (collic) and there is one more that is ground borne if the bottom of the river is stured up the natural toxin can be released in to the local fish and dose cause fish kills and will make humans sick.

finding bugs that will jump species are rare but not uncomon. sounds like something worth looking up the next time I am sitting idol.
[signature]
It appears Dave that it's a fungal thing thats on the fish, and its not a new acurance. We've had these in the past. So I hope its a short lived thing. It appears to happen more often in the winter.
[signature]
I saw that verginia was having the same problem in the delaware river.

Nasty looking fungus. Virginia state "U" is working on thier problem.

If it were me and I was in your governers place I would be placing water quality controls such as water inspectors at varous stages of the discharge points of your water treatment plants. lack of rain waters to flush basins and streams out to sea results in the low level contaminated discharges to build up to unsafe levels.

when can a little be to much? when it piles up.

michigan is just now putting a bill in order to ban all non native fresh water animals and aquatic plants. from all pet shops and stores.

its about time. you thought they would have learned when the carp took over our lakes and streams. its taken almost 100 years after that feasco...

every year some one in south east michigan finds or catches a purana out of a inland lake. now with the snake head fish at the front door, black head carp at the back door and gobi & zebra mussles are in the house every thing is becoming a mess.

all because some body wanted to save or make a buck....

I am glad michigan is starting to step up to the plate, but I dont think they are moving fast enuff.
[signature]