Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11th Annual Buckboard Wyoming Classic Fish Derby
[cool]Fellow BFTr's... My father and I have entered this year's derby. We have fished this derby for 6 years. Buckboard marina puts on a great derby. I contacted Buckboard marina, and they said the more participants, the better, so I am posting the info here on the board. Attatched is a full entry form that can be printed and sent in. Hope to see you there.

Travis

[inline invitepage.jpg]

[inline rulespage.jpg]
[inline rules2page.jpg]
ENTRY FORM ATTACHED.....
[signature]
ya I agree more people more money. but the only bad thing about this is if you go south of the pipe line you are out of there. why is this an issue I should be able to fish all of wyoming not just some of it is it that the owner's of buckboard are scared that thay may loose a dollor or two haveing people put in at lucerne and runing up the lake.I can tell you one thing for sure it is cheaper to pull your boat in to green river or mtn view to get fuel than it is to pay there outrages price's for fuel $2.35+a gal get real some of you money bag's have no probe with that but my oilfeild a$$ does and I allmost wouldnt partisapate if I didnt live so close you can look at spending more at this derby than eny other derby on flaming gorge becouse of how far you have to run around just to catch wining fish last yr we called in to buckboard to see how the lake trout was holding no entry's at this time we had just boated a small 28lber so we wacked it and the 30 min run from anvil to buckboard costed more for fuel than what we got out of killing a big old pertty fish 2nd place was ok but I would have never killed that fish and we could have been happy with that oh well it's all about the fun I guess.just suck's I cant fish swim...........
[signature]
fishley there is one thing to say if you dont like the RULES dont fish it is their rules..
[signature]
I agree with both of you I have fished this derby and given thing's from my Tackle company away as prizes and it is there rules however without the entry fee's from people like "fishley" the derby's would seize to exist. I do agree with him that it should cover the entire Wyoming boundaries and theen it would truly be a Wyoming derby. I also Have heard that they are not going to have Kokanee as part of the derby due to the low number's of fish ....Is this true? I haven't been to on top of the derby's this year but I due plan on coming thanx for the entry form's that will help alot of people.
SOCKEYESLAYER
[signature]
i have fished this derby on and off since it started,the last two years i have been a on the water judge(most people dont even know that there are on the water judges).Let me try to explain why the pipeline is the sourthern boundry.One of the main reasons that the pipeline is used as a boundry point is simple,its easy to see, everyone can see it ,and everyone knows where it is.Not everyone that fishes this derby knows where the imangery line is that seperates wyo and utah on the gorge.The people that host this derby wants everyone that enters to have a good time,and not to have to worry about the invisiable state line.

Secondly not that much "fishable "water is lost using the pipeline,swim beach is probable the only real hot spot for macks that is lost.Personally i like to see swim beach left out of the derby ,because you all know as well as i do,that is where lots and lots of boats would go,if they could fish there.

The last two years i have been parked at the pipeline at 6am when the derby starts,to make sure that contestants follow the rules,and it makes the playing field level for everyone.

As for the "kokes" being left out ,i think that is a wise desicion from the game and fish, the koke numbers are just too low right now to have a big harvest of them during the derby.
[signature]
a P.S to my other post ,the rules for these derbies are not made up by just buckboard marina,they have to be approved by the wyoming game and fish and the forest service.Both the game and fish and the forest service have some say as to how many teams are allow to compete also.This derby contiunes to grow each year.but there has to be a reasonable limit as to how many boats can be allowed to enter.
[signature]