Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE ##@!##$%&^*## GORGE 3/1/05
[Sad]
YOU'VE ALL HEARD IT SAID THAT 90% OF THE FISH ARE CAUGHT BY 10% OF THE FISHERMAN, RIGHT? WELL, I'VE ALWAYS CONSIDERED MYSELF TO BE FIRMLY IN THE UPPER PART OF THAT 10%.

YESTERDAY THE GORGE BUSTED THAT BUBBLE BIG TIME! DESPITE THE BEST ADVICE FROM YOU BFTERS THAT TRIED TO HELP ME OUT NEITHER MY DAUGHTER OR MYSELF EVEN GOT A BITE YESTERDAY.

OH, THE FISH WERE THERE RIGHT WHERE YOU TOLD ME THEY'D BE, HAD A COUPLE FOLLOW ME UP LIKE COLDFOOTER SAID THEY WOULD BUT WE COULDN'T COAX A BITE.

WAH WAH WAH! EVEN AT THAT WE HAD A FUN DAY & GOT TO LOOK OVER A LOT OF FISHING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE FUTURE. I'M GONNA HAVE MY GITBACK ON THAT PLACE I PROMISE ALL OF YOU.

ANYHOO, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR RESPONSES AND ADVICE. COLDFOOTER, I'LL FIGGER A WAY TO REPAY YOUR GOING ALL OUT TO TRY & HELP ME GET INTO THE BIGUNS.

WITH LUCK MY NEXT POST WILL HAVE A MORE POSITIVE SPIN.
[signature]
[unsure]sorry for your bad luck dude.....
That's a long drive for not even a nibble.
Seems to me The Gorge has a way of making you pay your dues before she'll give up her bounty.
[signature]
Been there done that, didnt catch a fish over a 3 day span!!!!
[signature]
hey geezer, if we would have given up an hour before dark we would have had the same story. i get skunked all the time and i thought saturday was going to be the same. sorry for the bad luck.
[signature]
Well Tom you know its just like fishin' the Mac at FL (Fish Lake),, some days we gets em, some days we dont.[Wink]
Sorry you didnt get a goodin' for your 65th b-day tho', That would have been a hoot! But I'm glad you marked a couple.
[signature]
Sorry about your bad fortunes at the Gorge. At least you made me feel better about not being able to get away from work to go up there and fish. That may not be much consolation for you, but it makes me happier. In other words, thanks for the bad news! Most posts provide only good news, and it seems like the fish are biting like crazy everywhere. Reality is often different, and an occasional reality check is a good thing.
[signature]
Gezzer , i know the feeling all to well.i have fished the gorge for over twenty years,and i still dont know all of her serects .The gorge can be fickel,but that's probable true for any lake.It can be like a moody wife some days good,some not so good,but keep trying.
[signature]
Did you miss the morning bite?? That's usually when I have a bad day of catching. How many watts does your fishfinder put out? Where did you end up fishing? It's hard to complain when I have the Gorge in my back yard, but sometimes I miss having a relatively consistent fishing hole close to home, like the berry or rockport. The Gorge can be very inconsistent from one day to the next.

It seems like any time I tell family and friends from out of town that the fishing is hot and invite them to make the long trip out here for some good fishing, that it shuts down just in time for their arrival. So far I am about 1 for 7 on this and I don't even like to invite anyone out with the expectation of catching anything.
[signature]
Sorry about your luck but that is just how lake trout fishing Fg is .I have had a ton of day's of no luck and had ton's of day's were we werent sure how many we caught.Dont feel so bad there are a lot of good days too come so just keep comeing back up here one day old bigen will grabe your bate and be ready best of luck hope too see ya on the lake soon....
[signature]