Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP: Looking for info on new home devepment with NEW recreation sized reservoir
I remember 6 or so months back there were some ads on the radio advertising a new home community with a brand new recreation sized reservoir.

Curious if anyone knows the name of the community, and also the new reservoir's name.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Sounds like sand hollow or is that sand wash reservior. It's a brand new one teeming with LMB and smallies. I recall seeing ads about that with new homes on the development plans.

If not, the last new reservior around here would be Jordanelle with all those new homes around the north side. I understand Steve Garvey (Los Angeles Dodger 1st base hall of fame player) maintains a home overlooking Jordanelle and its a 9 bedroom 9 bathroom house...[crazy]
[signature]
Hey, I found what I was looking for thanks to the help of FishingWaters.

http://www.holmeshomes.com/day.html

Out west. Now to find out from the DWR what they ahve planned to put in the community lake.
[signature]
I didn't see any info on the lake, how big is it supposed to be?

Rut
[signature]
Which community am I looking at? DayBreak? Is that the one supposed to have a new reservior or a community lake? Is this like a urban lake similiar to Decker Lake, Stansbury Island or the Salem Pond?
[signature]
All I know is it is supposed to be big enough to take boats on it, I am going to drive out to it today and scope it out. Would be a great investment and honestly, on a lake is where I dream of living.

Daybreak is the community.
[signature]
That's a new concept for South Jordan to have a lake big enough to allow boats. I wonder if the water is coming from Jordan River to fill this place? Will they be able to tractored it to depths up to 30 feet and large enough area to accomodate certain # of boats? Build underwater structures to accomodate fish of all kinds before it fills. This is cool if they can pull this off.

Wait... if the water comes from Jordan River, you can rest assure it will be infested with walleyes and cats...[Wink][cool]
[signature]
Last fall there were some adds on the TV for lots at Strawberry. Other than the hard winter, that would be a nice place to have a home or cabin. Now if I can only win the big jackpot in Mesquite this weekend, I will be looking at lots![Wink]
[signature]
I will let you know, I bet they already have most of the lake dug out. I know plans are to divert the runoff from the oquirrs to this new lake.
[signature]
If it's warm enough, I hope they fill the lake with largemouth. We have enough trout waters here in the northern part of the state. As others have mentioned, I hope they do it right, by adding structure to the lake before it fills. I personally believe it would be great to have a new largemouth fishery closer to home.
[signature]
That would be cool, I have sent an email to my DWR contact so he can shed some light as to what the plans are for the lake(s).
[signature]
[cool]I have heard of this developement, and the lake. I just hope that this isn't going to be designed to just be a swimming/waterskiing/personal watercraft type lake with no fish planted. That would suck, if this is the case.
[signature]
I am sure if this is the case there will be some *cough* bucket biologists putting fish in there. Wouldn't doubt it.
[signature]
I looked into this development some mothes back and talk to some *agents out there, just repeting what I heard, this is going to be a private lake like stansbury and ran the same way. only people living in the community will have acsses and there wont be any moter boats allowd. Thats what they all told me but yes there will be fish ans swimming areas there was even talk at one time of putting a small waterpark like thing in for the kids. Also there will be an island in the middle and when the develpoments are done there will be some multi millon doller homes on the island.

Hope that help a bit if you find out different please let me know.

Thanks
[signature]
Yes fishfearme said it all the DWR has no say.
[signature]
Just read an e-mail from a contact @ DWR. Nothing is in concrete for the lake but discussion has begun on having the DWR manage the lake but nothing has been set in concrete as of yet.
[signature]
Here is a link to a photo of the lake/development.

http://www.daybreakutah.com/images/rende...aerial.gif

Also check out http://www.daybreakutah.com.
[signature]