Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McTucker Ponds 3/3/05
Fished the far East Mctucker pond today for about an hour and a half. The ice is only 6 inches thick where I was. Some of the other ponds are starting had already lost part of their ice. Unless the weather changes this might be the last weekend that there is fishable ice on the Mctucker Ponds. The fishing was slow and I only caught one rainbow around 15" but he put up a good fight and had a healthy sized stomach. I was also able to pic up a few other fish on my fly rod at Springfield but the fishing was also slow there. Every part of Springfield that I saw was ice free which isn't unusual for this time of the year.
[signature]
Now do you fish for mcnuggets, or mcchicken there?[laugh] sorry i couldnt resist, i had never heard of mctucker, but then again i live in utah and as far aas i can remember i have never been to idaho. Sounds like a fun day though, adn at least you wernt at work.

I guess you would fish for the mcfish
[signature]
Another day fishing is still better than what I get to do! I work too much and have little time to fish. If I was an educated man and learned more I could be a guide and do want I want to make a living. DREAMS ARE A GREAT THING!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
The Mctucker ponds are managed to be put and take fisheries so there really nothing to get excited about. I just had to give the ice fishing there a try at least once to say I had done it. Even if I had been skunked I would have had a good time.

fish4fish,

I haven't ever eaten any fish from the Mctucker ponds but I'm sure they would taste kind of like a Mcfish Wink.
[signature]