Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to hookup with me for Willard this evening?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'd like to hit Willard this evening (Tuesday). Anyone out there like to hook up with me and see if we can catch some of those fat wipers? ... rain and all? I get off at 4:00 so we wouldn't get much fishing time in before dark. If ya want to hookup, send a reply or a private message.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Old Coot, I wish that I could take you up on your offer; however, I have to do that awful four letter word "WORK". Catch one for me -- because I can't seem to catch one for myself.

Kent
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]How was the fishin', Old Coot? Did you get driven off the water or did things keep quite til you decided to come off? [/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The water was very smooth as a storm moved across the mountains to the east. My daughter and I put in at 5:30 and left at 6:30. Lots of work for an hour of water time ... (ya know, prep at home, prep at dock, launch alone, and then doing all again in the reverse order). But I got ta tell ya, it was well worth it! Immediately we got into a very big "classic" boil in front of the feed lot that slowly worked it's way over to the marina entrance. It lasted about 20-25 minutes. We lost more than we caught ... and we only caught 2. If my ways don't soon change, I'm going to change my handle from Old Coot to Lure LOOSER! Again, during the boil, I lost another lure. I guess I'll have to start wearing my glasses when tying on snaps. The two we caught came in on a top water popper and a white crocodile. My daughter can't cast worth $*!#*t and I have NO patience during a boil. But I'm not the only one with no patience during a boil. Two other boats started to have words with each other when one of them drove into the middle of the boil ... "kiss my a**!" .... "No, you kiss my a**!" It was a real verbal boxing match and my daughter and I got quite a laugh listening to those guys duken it out. What a hoot. One of the wipers we caught was 20 inches and VERY fat. The other at 19. I wonder just how many times I will get my boat back out since I put it up for winter storage? Forgive me ... I'm still learning this thing called fishin.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Can't beat that! Sounds like it was worth all the effort. What knots are you using? What pound test are you using? Man, you lose more lures than anybody I know! If you can't keep a little ole' wiper on, what you gonna do when that 15 - 20 lb laker is tugging on the end of your line when we go? hehehehehehehehe.......[/size][/font]
[signature]
I think the two guys hollering at the guy who drove into the boils were skeeter and woodchuck. Skeeter told me the same story only without all the yelling. Maybee it was the same guy who drove in and he just kept doing it to everyone. Looks like we need to have a little more educating done on boil fishing.