Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still learning at the Gorge
Wiperslayer and I made another trip to the Gorge today. Just because we left at 3am, that Kent of NSL, chickened out on us, ha,ha. We arrived at 6am and after drilling a half dozen holes, the Slayer was into some fish, I moved over to the same area but was only able to get one to the hole. After 1.5 hours the action was over so we started moving around, we met a local guy from Green River and fished with him for a while. He was fishing in very shallow water for bows but keep hooking macks instead. We moved to a spot that Fishhungry(thanks FH), told me about but all we caught were the three fish in the pictures I Attached. All in all it was a nice day and I learned a few more tricks about fishing the Gorge. WH2
[signature]
Sorry, but the combination of getting up at 1:30 AM and trying to keep from getting a cold all week was a little more than my body was willing to tackle. Glad you caught a few.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, that male bow looks pretty nice. How big was he in your guestimation? Inches and pounds? Looks like you didn't get any huge Macks, but at least you got a nice dinner out of it, eh?
[signature]
I was kidding you my friend, we had not made any positive plans anyway. It sounds like you and Fishcrazy did much better at the Berry.
[signature]
We caught those three fish in 12 foot of water while fishing for kokanee. We caught the 13 inch female bow first but she had no eggs. Then we caught the 18 inch male next and it was full of sperm. The last fish was the 21 inch mack. Never did catch any kokes but that little bow had nice pink meat so I keep it, my friend took the two larger fish. I did not weight the fish but I would say the big bow was over two lbs and the mack was around three. The catching could have been better but we got plenty of sun and very little wind, so it was a great day. WH2
[signature]
Nice eaters size troutski's. FG isnt the easiest body of water to learn but if your getting fish every day trip you make your doing something right so stay with it.
[signature]
That was only our second trip to the Gorge and each time we have done OK. In part that is due to the your help and others like fishhungry. One of these days were hoping to catch some of those big boys like you seem to always catch. We talked to Rob on this last trip(a local from GR), that gave us some advise on a place to find some bigger fish. I told him about this site and I was hoping he would check it out, it always helps to have some first hand info. Thanks for the words of encouragement Don.
[signature]
Not to worry my friend, it takes more than that to offend me -- something like saying rude things about my rod holders in my boat (LOL)!
[signature]