Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hawgbow trout strawberry 3/5
fished the berry sat 3/5.
didn't slay, but had consistent action. iced 7 cutts missed a few more. two were keepers on the small side. glow whatta crickets and mealies stillfished one crank of the bottom,25' to 30' we used spring bobbers to see them bite, even the trophy bow barely bent the spring.
mud creek bay. no slush. good ice. no crowds!
we were ready to leave when this huge hawgbow hit, it put on a good fight, ran twice, and went ape$#it when I finally got it to the hole. I couldn't get it's head turned up the hole for a minute ( semed like an hour)
once it was in the hole I could see that it was big and couldn't hardly move much ( I had a 8" inch hole, better invest in a larger auger!!) I had to grab him by the gill and horse him up the rest of the way and out on the ice.
high fives all around!!
it measured 25" and girth 15"
I've only been ice fishing ten times in my life ( all in the last month ) and needless to say I'm hooked!!
great, another type of fishin' to keep me broke!!
I didn't have a scale. anyone know how I could figure out the weight????
[signature]
Oh whoops!!! I fished strawberry on 3/5
march 5th thats what I meant.

duh what month is it duh
[signature]
Dude thats an awesome looking fish![Wink] Congrats !
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish, dude! That's why that place (Strawberry) rules! The new regs are definitely working, even if people don't like the fact that you can't take as many cut's home. I hope they keep these new regs for a while, because the berry is about to be a trophy fishery again!
[signature]
Nice fish !! I guess I should of gone there today but hit the Jordanelle instead .
[signature]
really nice bow there. great job!
[signature]
Man that is one sweet fish! Congrats, and thanks for the report and the pic!
[signature]
nice bow dude!!
i would like to see more of them cought at the berry!!
[signature]
thanks fuzzy, and all!
do you know the formula for weight of fishes?
also how does this hawgbow rate for a good catch out of strawberry?
are there lots of 'em in there this big?
whats the biggest you have heard of from there?
[signature]
The rainbow you caught is a nice fish, and one to be proud of. There are many in there that large and much larger. Take a look at these -- and especially the 14 pounder.

[url "http://www.strawberrybay.com/fishstories/index.htm"]Recent large catches at Strawberry:[/url]

Now I have an electric trolling motor I plan on catching several of those babies myself. Many years ago (and I also got a great tip last year from a fellow BFT member), a fellow fisherman shared with me the secrets of how and where to catch the large rainbows at Strawberry, but until now, I haven't felt like I had the necessary equipment to catch them consistently.
[signature]
I Hope you keep me in mine when you go after big slimers like that. I'll be more then happy to be the net boy.

Tincanfsh
[signature]
Dude where you been hiding? I think its time to take a trip to the local trout "honey hole" minus our floating devices. Those monsters are hungry. Smile
[signature]
Billy, it would be a pleasure having you be the net boy on the SS Jasperson again. If you don't mind too much, occasionally we can reverse roles and I will be the net boy for you!
[signature]
Nice catch right there! Love seeing Big Bows being caught!
[signature]
kentofns,
Help we want to look at your fish pictures but when we click on it the page comes up cannot be displayed. Maybe you could e-mail me the pictures at [url "mailto:konniekim@peoplepc.com"]konniekim@peoplepc.com[/url]. When my husband was a boy they use to catch hybreds ( cutbow ) to eighteen pounds. Those were the days.
[signature]
Sorry, but they are not my pictures. They are on The Strawberry Marina webiste, which seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully, their webite will be up again soon. Here is the actual address for the pictures:

[url "http://www.strawberrybay.com/fishstories/index.htm"]www.strawberrybay.com/fishstories/index.htm[/url]
[signature]
Konnie,

The Starawberry Marina site is back up if you want to click on the link and see the pictures of the large trout at Strawberry.
[signature]