Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay report
[Smile]Fished willard today caught three nice walleye using white jigs tipped with a nightcrawler also caught a ten pound carp. Water was 42 degrees when we started and 49 when we quit. Not a bad day it will only get better if the weather holds out. We tryed trolling for wipers with no luck
[signature]
How were the launching conditions? Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, how big were the eyes you caught? Were you fishing along the North side of the lake or the South end. I've been hearing some reports of people catching them around The Island and south toward the inlet. The water temp is getting close to that magical number but how long can this warm weather keep up. I've heard of some of the guys catching wipers trolling very slow, using the normal wiper lures but going the speed you would if you were pulling bottom bouncers. WH2
[signature]
Can you launch out of the south marina yet?
[signature]
WHEN I WAS THERE SAT. THE SOUTH MARINA WAS OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
[signature]
[Smile]The launching conditions were ok at the north marina i don't know about the south marina.
[signature]
[Smile]The walleyes i caught were 19,17, and 15 inch. I caught two of them on the west dike about half way between the lightpole and the south west corner and the third one on the north dike betwwen the lightpole and the northeast corner.
[signature]