Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Fork
I fished the Henrys fork below Chester Dam on Saturday and Monday. Saturday was very average I caught one 14 inch whitie and a 16 inch trout that fought like crazy. My dad caught a beautiful 19 inch spawner Bow. The Early spawners are up there NOW my father and I watched several pairs of bows in the act of spawning. Monday was better, for me at least. I caught 5 whites, then I moved over to a dock(crap! I probably just gave the spot away) and on the first cast I hooked a BIG fish the fish tore 50 yards of line out as he raced upstream jumping along the way as well. I have never ever had a fish fight so hard for so long! Anyway my friend netted the GIANT BOW and I walked down to my dad snapped a few photos unhooked the Copper John(thats what I caught them all on) and released him.

The picture of my dads bow does not look like a 19 incher but it sucks when you are 6'5 and have huge hands to cover up the fish. I will be there tomorrow so if you are in the area stop by and say Hi. Yellow sunglasses=Saturday
Black sunglasses=Monday
[signature]
Thanks for the good pics. Makes me think it is probably time to put away the ice fishing stuff and get out the flyrod.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the pics. I like the dense spot pattern on the fish in the last two pictures.
Just out of curiosity was that a #18 Copper John and what color of wire did you tie it with?
[signature]
Thats correct Brian, it was a size 18 copper john and I tied it with copper wire. Hope this helps!
[signature]