Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach Report
Utwalleye and I fished Lincoln Beach yesterday. As usual, everytime I fish with Chuck I learn so much about walleye fishing---which I readily admit is a personal passion of mine. I have fished with Chuck on several occasions, and everytime I do, I become a better walleye fisherman (I catch more walleye). Yesterday was no exception! Thanks Chuck for great company, and for a great fishing experience!

To my surprise the boat ramp at Lincoln Beach was in full operation. We launched the boat and fished in the area between the first springs and the old boat ramp. We saw quite a few walleye caught yesterday on curly tail jigs. We caught two of them. Chuck also lost a trophy walleye right at the boat. Around 12:30 or 1:00 pm the wind forced us off the water. On the launching ramp we talked to two local fisherman groups. They had been very successful that morning. They released quite a few and harvested some. They shared some of their personal fishing secrets with us. We had a great morning! Can't wait to go out again!

Lloyd
[signature]
Glad to see them 2 fish again, just wish I had landed that hog, all I wanted was a pic. thats it [Sad], oh well next time. was good fishing with you again Lloyd. later chuck
[signature]
What colors were they hitting yesterday?
[signature]
They were hitting brown and chartruese, black and chartreuse, and orange and chartruese.

Lloyd
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
I have to work tonight but maybe I can run down to L.B. after dark and give it a shot. Does anybody fish down there after dark or should I wait and go during the day.
[signature]
Nice looking fish Lloyd thanks for the report. Hey Chuck, sounds like it is time for some eye fishing, how big do you think the one you lost was? How warm was the water temp? Thanks
[signature]
YES PEOPLE DO FISH AT NIGHT. TAKE YOUR WAIDERS. OR TUBE. FISH OUT ABOUT 100 YRD FROM SHORE.
[signature]
thanks crossineye, maybe you gave me enough motivation to go down tonight. I just need to get my gear ready and go get some, if I don't go tonight I will definetly go in the next day or two, I'll let you guys know how I do.
[signature]
Way to go Lloyd and Chuck!
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish, fellas. I'm thinking about floating it on Saturday since it's going to be 63, it should warm the water up a little, plus the weather is supposed to get crappy for the 2nd half of March starting on Monday.
[signature]
[cool]Oh crap! I forgot that they are still at your place. Silly me?! When are you gonna be home the next 3 evenings? I'll stop by when your schedule and mine jive.
[signature]
Hey BFT'ers I am going to hit Lincoln Beach tommorrow after work, I get off around 5:00. Were going to fish it for a couple hours, the guys as Sportsmans in Provo said that the Walleyes have been coming in heavy in between 6:00 and 7:00 every night, they said if you are down there while the fish are in you can knock em dead. I'll give you guys a report when I get back!
P.S. I'll be in my maroon Chevy or my buddies 78 Ford. If you see me come and say hi.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, thanks for the tip, hunt4bigbucks. Good luck out there tomorrow night. Look forward to your report. Hope you get into some nice ones. I can't wait to hit it Saturday. I have a feeling I might actually catch something this trip, but we shall see.
[signature]