Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hours killed on my day off
Sorta got up late and headed out to the Lake around 11am. It was pretty warm out there at 8 mile road. Only stayed for 2 1/2 hours due to the swarms of mosquito's around there. I don't like to use OFF incase it goes on to my hands or whatnot, and repels fish instead of bugs!

Anyway, Heading out to the races this Saturdayand Sunday. Depending on when I get home Sunday night, I may go down to Saddle Cove. I've got 50lbs of feed corn fermenting on the patio ( going to be mixed with other things [angelic]) , so i may take half and chum monday and fish tuesday morning/afternoon. Temperature's going to drop, so it'll be nice and cool as well.

BTW, I took a few shots with the camera and through in 2 of them. I saw a very nice sized catfish flying up and down the shoreline, but with the delay the digital camera's have, I only got some shots of water.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Pretty cool setup up you have there. Do run them poles with an open bale? Hope the corn works for you.

Take care,
David
[signature]
Actually no, I run with an extremely loose drag on both. I'm actually going to order two baitrunners this week. Shimano and Okuma make really good ones, but I'm not in the market to spend 200 bucks for a pair of reels. May get a pair of these.
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=176919

Neat-o thing about these reels is that you can freeline your bait. Fish don't feel anything, then flip the lever, you're at your pre-set drag, set the hook. These are going to replace the Quantum and Bass Pro Shop CattMaxx reels I have on their now.

I'm hoping the corn works too. Its pretty well fermented, softened up nice. Just need to mix it with some bread crumbs or corn flakes so I can get some extra yardage with the catapult.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Nice looking reels, by the line capacity they must be pretty good size. Nice price also, but I'd (me) be a little leary though. Have you done much research on them? I know that Silstar make a pretty good trout and crappie rods but I'm not up on their reels.

Take care,
David
[signature]
I've seen some good reviews on other forums about them, which is why I'm steering towards these. I've got some issues with paying for high end equipment and the lack of fish i catch with it. I've got a Shimano baitcaster with a Berkley Im-7 Ultramax rod ( it was a big deal in 94' ) that ran me around 135 total, and I've yet caught a fish on it 11 years later.
I can't jinx myself worse
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] I have a few of those out in the garage. Rod and reel combo's that I've never caught fish with. That's why they are still in the garage and not in the back seat of my truck.

Take care,
David
[signature]