Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard fri
well me and the old woodpile tried the bay today fished from eleven till 2 tried spin an glow with a worm and then tried for wipers using plastics. tried a dead drift going 3.3 planner boards and every thing else wood tried at least 10 diffrent presentations. seen 2 fish caught but one looked like a gizzard shad think we seen wiper hunter gave him a shout on 12 and 12 on marine band but no answere. course wood had hand held midland hed bought on e bay probablly no guts in radio. fised the west side most of the time but tried over by the freeway at the last water was 51 over by the road. water is plenty deep even hit some spots that were 18 feet never graphed a fish over by the road marina is in excellent shape south marina had 4 to 4.5 in marina and ten to 12 in channel and out into bay but comes up to 5 ft further out in bay where they havent dregged so dont punch it to soon or you could do some prop damage depending on how fast you come up on plane. took some pictures of wiper hunter but cant post till my daughter comes over did anyone go to the berry today would jike to know how soft it got today its a long ways but you at least catch fish ther was a ton of boats at willard today well thats all i have on this end out......
[signature]
You should have come over and said hi. We might have been able to help you get into some fish. I did not bring my radio today because I did not think we would be out there long plus I needed batteries. We found one spot along the West side, near the light pole that was 21 ft deep. We trolled at a top speed of 2 mph but had the best luck between 1.7 & 1.9 mph using planner boards. We launched from the North marina but we also went into the South marina to check it out, we found one spot were the water came up to 3.5 ft. between the marina and the dredged channel. We left at 3:30 to 4pm. WH2
[signature]
thanks for the info i guess it wasnt our day i need to take a five gallon bucket to drag i gave my trolling plate to skippy the lurker.
[signature]