Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Report
Hit Yuba yesterday in the AM and the only good things that happened were everything worked on the boat and I saw more water than last year.[cool] Fished up river and marked fish in several areas but no bites. Ended the trip trying to troll up some slimers but they did not want to play either. Fished with worms, minnows, jigs & spinners - tried a little bit of everything but nothing wanted to play. We fished till noon then headed in to watch some basketball. Water temps up lake were 46-47 and down at the damn they were near 50. Beautiful day for a boat ride and suntan.
[signature]
Hey EX did you try jakes lures silver with the red dots? That was a killer for me in december.We caught fish nonstop with those.Hopefully the water goes higher and reaches the dam.
[signature]
Hey Ocean - no Jakes but we did drag a silver spoon with red dots around for a while - no takers. I did talk to some kids fishing from the bank with powerbait and worms and they did not get any bites either.
[signature]
While we're on the topic of Yuba...
I remember reading about how hot Yuba was last fall! I have this whole week off of school, and most southern Utah trout options are pretty much non existent right now, so I was thinking of heading up north to Yuba in hopes of hooking up with some of those fat Bows. I was just wondering what is the situation like at Yuba. Is there a state park I have to pay to get into? Is there a road that goes around the lake? What would be the best place to put a tube in? I have never fished, or even seen Yuba, so I am looking foreward to giving it a shot. Any info would be appreciated.
Chris
[signature]
I have fished yuba and have always caught trout on mepps spinners tipped with a worm...

Basleg
[signature]
Hi hc, I'm always happy to answer your questions you have presented. First of all, it is a state park and be prepared to pay 9 dollars to drive in there. But you can park off the road next to the lake by the dam's area for free.

Painted Rock is closed but if you park your car up the road, then walk down, no problem it's free. Ummmm as far as road around it, there is a fenced area where you can open and close the gate and drive on a dirt road between painted rock and the dam. But I don't think they want you parking and fishing there! Just best keep on moving til you get to the asphalt road. But since it's your first time, it is better to stay on the yella brick road and to avoid this road til you know the place better.

Since painted rock is "closed", you are limited to the dam's area. There's plenty of spots to float your tube there. Good luck and let us know how you did. Paul
[signature]
There are several areas on the north end around the damn where you can park and walk a tube in. I also saw several 4-wheeler trails off the highway on the west side highway that might get ya close to the west side of the lake - I am not sure of the status of the trails and the private/public land areas. It would probably be worth a call to the office and ask.

I may be mistaken but I think the day use fee is $7 not $9. I use a parks pass so I did not really pay attention saturday when I drove in.
[signature]
You can go down the dam side and if you have 4 wheel drive you can drive to the water! Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys. You have been really helpful. I think I am going to give it a shot late in the week. If I do, I will let you know how it went. Thanks again.
HC
[signature]