Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deseret News article on the Provo River
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600118881,00.html
[signature]
The fisherman he talked to in this articles wants to "keep the Provo a secret." What dream world is he living in? The only thing secret about the Provo is how crowded it is and how rude the fisherman are that frequent the river. Yes, the hatch coming off is a good one, but I can find that in a dozen other rivers this time of year without the crowds.
[signature]
Yeah well i think that even those are no secret about the Provo. I hate fishing elbow to elbow like that. I only go at times when it's less crowded or to stretches of the river that are less crowded, such as the bait-allowed stretch below Olmstead to Utah lake. It's used a lot less, but still has some good fish in it and you can have it more to yourself than other parts of the Provo.
[signature]
I usually only fish below the Olmstead diversion as well, gold spinners work very well there. I haven't fished up the stretch from Nunn's Park to the diversion though, and I haven't ever seen anyone fish there either but I was thinking of giving it a try some morning. There has to be fish there.
[signature]