Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIndon Boat Harbor 3/19/05
Water temp at 10:30 am, 50 degrees and a brisk south winds. Fished the the dikes inside the harbor for two and half hours, caught one LMB but lost her at the boat. Then one hook-up but that was lost as well. I was fishing for both walleyes and bass using tube jigs and curly tailed grubs.

Went home to watch my daughter play basketballs in the regionals. She is the youngest player (12) among the older girls who are aged 15-16-17 years old, and she played the whole game! I sure am proud of her. Had some lunch, I asked my 6 year old son Jonathan if he wanted to go fishing, then we both headed back out again to Lindon Harbor.

Got there at 2:45 PM, the water temp went up to 54 degrees. No winds and the water was glassy smooth. It got up to 55 degrees while trolling in the vincinty of a certain spot. I taught my son how to longlining trolling using Mepps spinners for white bass and maybe a possible walleye. I used wally diver (shallow) long lining as well in five feet of water. I had a fish on but it was a danged carp which I had snagged. Before I could get my net, I forgot to loosen the drag so to get my net, that ugly potential Kraft carp sticks took off with my diver and broke my line near my prop. So that carp is swimming around with a bright yellow wally diver, if you see it, return to me please...

My son didn't catch anything, but he did catch a snooze while trolling at paint drying speed. Poor kid was so tired from playing in a basketball clinic this morning that he didnt have a nap in the afternoon. He even stayed asleep while I powered back to the harbor for the night.

By the way, I noticed there were two guys on minn kota powered pontoons hauling fish out at a certain spot. I spied one of guys wearing a BFT hat! I got closer and they were indeed BFT members parked right on a certain spot using the bobbler set up which netted them very nice results. I am sure you will hear of them since I didn't get their names, but one I thought looked like Mike Cromaine, but it wasn't him, but someone else with a bald head, and the other guy with a clean cut brown hair and a pirate flag.

It was a very nice day out on the lake.[Smile]
[signature]
[signature]
Glad you had fun today, Paul. Sounds like you got one heck of a hoops player there.
[signature]
Paul it was me and CBR out there as soon as i clean up and eat i will give our report I was the bold one with the pirate flag
[signature]
So it is you after all! I need to get my hearing aids adjusted and maybe I do need to have my eyes examined after all. I thought it was you, but I didn't want to get too close to the pipe with my boat and interfere with your fishing spot so I just trolled away from you. I wished I did stop long enough to really confirm it was you! I await your report as I know you had a great day![cool]

Out4trout... sorry about letting it out of the bag...[pirate]
[signature]
[cool]no worries, mate. Just edited the post.
[signature]
[size 1]"as soon as i clean up and eat i will give our report"[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Hey Mike,[/size]

[size 1]By now you should be good and clean and well fed (LOL).[/size]
[signature]
sorry I crashed and burned. we cought a couple of channel cats nice sized. we a few more hook ups but they got off. we drifted all over the lake from 300 yards past the bubble up to the marina. we did anchor after hours of tring everything at the bubble up. nothing to exciting to report. I think the cold weather turned them off.
[signature]
oh i forgot to post the best part of the day. well while cbr was not looking his toon got blown back into the harbor. lucky for him it went right to the docks. here is the pic
[signature]
Utah Lake is no BIG secret. It holds some monster fish in there.

[Image: IMAG0015.sized.jpg]
[Image: ogwIMAG0030.sized.jpg]

I lost a MONSTER one when I was going for the net and Mike lost a few nice fish also.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=mikecromaine;"][#333366]mikecromaine [/#333366][/url]([Image: Barracuda.gif]) [/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]Post #9 of 12 (153 views) [/size][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][#000000][size 1][url "javascript: postShortcut(191606)"]Copy Shortcut[/url][/size][/#000000][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]Mar 18, 2005, 2:50 PM [/size][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Re: [TubeDude] Pontoon Question [[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=191594;#191600"][#333366]In reply to[/#333366][/url]] [/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;quote=1;parent_post_id=191606"][#000000]Quote[/#000000][/url] | [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;parent_post_id=191606"][#000000]Reply[/#000000][/url] [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]yes the toon turned out nice now I need to add the downriggers [cool]
I only need to catch a fish from it now. new toon no fish go figure [/size][/font]

Mike -- congrats on getting the skunk off of your new toon!
[signature]
THANKS KENT FINALLY THE SKUNK IS OFF THE TOON AND MYSELF WHAT A FEELING CATCHIN
I HOPE I NAIL THE STRIPERS AT POWELL FROM IT.
[signature]
[cool]Nice Cats, guys! It's good to see the wisker fish are starting to bite. Can't wait to eat some "kittie krispies" (from the tubemeister's recipes) soon, after I get my tube repaired.
[signature]