Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard a beautiful sight
Took a drive today and took a picture of a beautiful sight:

[inline "120_2042 (Custom).JPG"]
[signature]
nice picture ken. isent that great its been coming in that way all winter. i havent had to call grant the guy who runs weber basin all year.last year i was pestering him daily. im doing some houses out by willard and i put a marker at the water edge on the ramp it came up 32 inches from my marker mon to fri. dont know why they dont build another willard out by the airport seems like a shame all the water from the jordon going into the salt lake.
[signature]
I'm guessing when you say the water came up 32 inches from Monday to Friday your talking about how far it came up the ramp and not water depth? I couldn't agree with you more, sooner or later they are going to have to build another place like Willard Bay, it is such a waste of water to let it go into Salt lake.
Kent, it sure is good seeing all that water going into Willard, I hope it keeps going in like that until the lake fills. Lets keep our fingers crossed. WH2
[signature]
Boy that sure is a good sight to see! Hopefully we'll get a few more good storms before the summer hits, and we can get some serious H20 in Willard. I'm just thinking the runoff hasn't really started, so we might just to OK.
[signature]
WATER INTO THE GREAT SALT LAKE IS NOT A WASTE IN FACT IT SUPORTS MANY ANIMALS LIFES FROM BIRDS TO MICRO ORGANISMS. SO PLEASE LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE MY FISH IN MY FISH TANK LOVE BRINE SHRIMP. THE GREAT SALT LAKE IS THE #1 SUPPLIER OF THAT. NO WASTE JUST DIFFERENT
[signature]
yes i ment up the ramp. just got off the snow tell report top of monte got about 7 inches out of the last one all the water that has been going into willard is just lower elvation runoff if you look at the back side of the mountains on the tower side all that snow has no where to go but willard i think willard will be full before the runoff hits high gear.
[signature]
IF WILLARD FILLS I WILL BE SO HAPPY WIPERS FOR LONGER I LOVE THAT PLACE
[signature]
i hate to be the doomsayer but sure its filling up just like last year and the year before but if you think they aren't going to draw it down again you got another thing coming i mean i really hope i'm wrong
[signature]
you are right ther chris they do use it for irragation but it has already passed the high mark of last year. they weber basin just started in the past few years using the water out of it i guess because of the drought trying to keep as much as possible in rock and echo.
[signature]
Bigbuck is right and another thing we did not have going for us the last couple of years is the snow pack in the mountains. The ground had been so dry that last year when we got that early melt in March, the water just soaked into the ground. This year the ground is saturated and most the water has been running off and going toward Willard or at least a lot of it has in our area. If the temps will stay lower like last week and this week and we keep getting snow and rain we should have a full lake and then some. Some of you out there might have seen the water depth deeper than 26 feet at Willard, at it's deepest spot, but that is the deepest I have seen it in the last ten years or so. From the readings on my fish finder last week, 21 feet, the water level needs to go up five feet or so to reach the deepest I have seen it. I would say it should reach that mark with the rain and snow we've received in the last couple of days. This is just my opinion but I think we will reach that depth in the next month or so. The water level has been raising at a rate of 10 to 12 inches a week and as long as that water keeps coming in like it has in the last month we should see that full lake. My concern is they will start reducing the water going to Willard before that happens, lets all think happy thoughts guys and gals.
[signature]
you are right on wiperhunter if you look at the flow coming down the ogden and the weber right now. then go to 12 street by railroad brige every drop is going into willard you can pee more than is going into salt lake. im with you should be full by middle or end of april its coming up at the rate of 10 to 12 inches a week. the irragation season dosent usually get going till may.
[signature]
[reply] the irragation season dosent usually get going till may.[/reply]

That's true... however I heard from national weather center that we will experience wetter than normal precipitation from here on til June. Maybe we won't have to open the drain for irrigation.[Smile]
[signature]
hi curt i to rember willard at 20 plus feet 2002 i believe it was that deep and it stayed full right into the next year lets all hope it does so again i must say it has been a sore site seeing dry marinas and the bottom of the dikes 30 feet from the waters edge
[signature]
I definitely agree with you WH2. The real runoff doesn't even start until next month, so I really feel willard will fill this year, if not, it will come closer than it has been in a very long time. I just hope March and April will have a normal precip, unlike last March, which really bum jugged the whole state as far as runoff goes. It won't take much for Pineview to fill, and when it spills, all that water can go towards Willard.
[signature]
I agree with you, the next two months could be key not only on filling Willard but for all of us to have water this summer without huge water restrictions. With the population increase there is no way we can go back to the way we use to waste water. SLC is always going to need more water, I just hate to think that they will be taking Northern Utahs(north of the Weber drainage), water to fill their needs. Unless SLC gets their own long term water supply they will be taking more and more of our water until we are all in trouble. I hope the day comes that they start planning for another water source that can fill their needs. No offense to anyone living in the SLC area but we all know how the population has increased. WH2
[signature]